Back in Shetland and some photos
Well, here's me back in Shetland after a fantastic week "South". It was a pleasure to meet everyone in Ullapool and put some faces to names. Despite the slightly dodgy weather, I had a great run there and thoroughly enjoyed our bimble on Saturday. I must say, I was glad I wasn't camping though!
By Sunday the weather had much improved and I continued my trip to Applecross, then over the Bealach-na-ba and on to Ardnamurchan (I can recommend the Ardnamurchan Bunkhouse in Glenborrodale - single en-suite room for under £40 - and the Heritage Centre about 1 1/2 miles down the road for food). From there I made my way back east via a small detour on the B8043. This little gem of a road was recommended to me by an Irishman I met first in Ullapool and again in Ardnamurchan. It's south-west of the Corran ferry and goes through the Kingairloch Estate, winding its way through a little glen and then along the shore of Loch Linnhe. From there it was on to Blairgowrie for one more night and yesterday was spent exploring the Angus Glens on the way back to Aberdeen.
Overall, I think I was luckier than most in that I seemed to miss most of the heavy rain, even yesterday only about 40 mins along South Deeside were truly miserable.
Here are some photos:
1 Myself, Wrinkly Owlie and Scotboxer on the Wee Mad Road to Inverkirkaig and Lochinver (first time the sun came out, hence the big smiles!)
2 The view from Applecross
2 On top of the Bealach-na-ba