Uneven tyre wear - Meztler Roadtech 01se front

I had this problem on an R1200 RS I fitted them to, and about the same mileage. The centre of the tyre seems to be a harder compound and the shoulder wear quicker. It felt truly awful the way the bike would suddenly tip in. They were the best tyres ever when I first fitted them but I was glad to get rid of them and fitted a pair of Road 5's. I've stuck with them and have now fitted a pair to my F900 xr.
I had this very problem when I had them on my XR, lovely to begin with and then truly awful on the front end. So much so that when I sold the bike I suggested that the buyer chipped me £300 on the asking price and then go out and buy what he liked to run with.

It's odd that they have this delay issue with the RS. New GS1300's are starting to appear, so I wonder what the excuse is for the 1250 RS models?
Answers on a postcard! They're keeping tight lipped about why they're holding the August batch of RSs back. There's little in common between the 2 bikes parts wise so I'm wondering if they've had supply problems with RS specific parts. Someone's dropped the ball that's for sure.

Yes and they are delivering R's like my new one. Must be a problem with the ESA front forks, or the plastics, or the headlights..?

Back
Top Bottom