Upgrade for Garmin 660 - mount question

Martin S

Reaction score
Need some help please. I want to mount a new sat nav on a 2010 GSA using the existing BMW mount which is already on the bike. I believe the Garmin 660 uses the same mount as the Nav IV which I am currently using. Which newer Garmin/BMW sat navs will fit the existing mount. Was planning to buy a Garmin XT but I think it won't fit the mount so what are the options please? Thanks.

The XT will not fit, though you can maybe get an adaptor. The whirlywheel will not work, if that is a concern.

As to what will fit? Nav IV, as you know, Nav’s V and VI.

Like the 660, there are also several other generic Garmin devices that will fit, whose numbers you’ll need to look up. Again, the wheel won’t work.

The XT will not fit, though you can maybe get an adaptor. The whirlywheel will not work, if that is a concern.

As to what will fit? Nav IV, as you know, Nav’s V and VI.

Like the 660, there are also several other generic Garmin devices that will fit, whose numbers you’ll need to look up. Again, the wheel won’t work.
I'd love to know which generic Garmin devices fit the BMW cradle. The Zumo 595 looks like it will fit until you try and find it doesn't . This now somewhat dated thread https://www.s1000xr.uk/index.php?topic=560.0 comments on what fits.

I'd love to know which generic Garmin devices fit the BMW cradle. The Zumo 595 looks like it will fit until you try and find it doesn't . This now somewhat dated thread https://www.s1000xr.uk/index.php?topic=560.0 comments on what fits.
Thanks for reply. Not bothered about the wheel. The Nav IV is the same as the Garmin 660 so which Garmin is the equivalent to the Nav V?

Thanks for reply. Not bothered about the wheel. The Nav IV is the same as the Garmin 660 so which Garmin is the equivalent to the Nav V?
Only the 660 fits in the BMW Nav prep cradle.
The Nav 5 and 6 are also Garmin units, to upgrade from a 660 your choice is limited to these without changing the cradle or buying an adapter.

I should have said ‘some’.

660/665.

Other devices have been made to fit, I think, but it required some carpentry. But hey, I could be wrong, Garmin releases some new numbered model every five minutes.

Back
Top Bottom