USA

TJ

Which Way....??
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Called in to Irv Seaver BMW, Orange County this morning thinking I might see one in the flesh....nope and talking to them they have no delivery date & no prices for them in the USA. They had one in the shop for a day but not to be ridden or started just to sit on and look at...They don't think they will see them until next year...
I wonder if it's because the bikes have to meet different regulations to Eu bikes...

The USA are not getting the r1300gs at all…..ever!
BMW have heard that it’s not good enough ( don’t know who could have possibly said that) and so they have thrown their teddy out of the pram and decided that they will no longer sell BMW motorcycles in any American state.
They stated “ fukkem, they can keep their overweight Yankee potato-noise cruisers, we will sell our wonderful two wheeled panzers to the Europeans who actually appreciate motorcycles, and have roads with bends which is what bikes are for!”

Leadfarmer 155 hp/nm , 24 liter tank and a real taillight would be wonderful ! The reason the USA gets the bikes last aka spring 24 the EPA that also f@cked VW out of their wonderful TDIesels was a sticker that caused a 10 day sales stop so BMW decided to build as many GS for other countries first..The US will be last to get them…Like Rom the empire is going…Down ! But in a few years how things are going only Russians Iranians & Chinese will be able to afford to buy and gas them up anyways…LOL And just to make you feel better it was 88 degrees in Cabo yesterday !

Leadfarmer 155 hp/nm , 24 liter tank and a real taillight would be wonderful ! The reason the USA gets the bikes last aka spring 24 the EPA that also f@cked VW out of their wonderful TDIesels was a sticker that caused a 10 day sales stop so BMW decided to build as many GS for other countries first..The US will be last to get them…Like Rom the empire is going…Down ! But in a few years how things are going only Russians Iranians & Chinese will be able to afford to buy and gas them up anyways…LOL And just to make you feel better it was 88 degrees in Cabo yesterday !
Just more factual detail bollocks that can be gained from sitting at your computer.....I like a number on here I've spoken to believe you are just a Bmw troll with no real life experience. When you met the BMW instructor in Mexico for example... were you on a bike ? probably not adding a photo could give you credence but from other posts the GS13 isn't in the US yet....all these posts of your near superhuman riding exploits on various BM machinery ? surely by now you should be high speed, handling god using all the advantages of 170 bhp, 17in front wheel and better electronics, not to mention using a GSA tankful in 123 miles ! or you were on a Scalextric circuit ( I assume your staff didn't fill it to the top ) or maybe just a computer based techno nerd.......prove us wrong ?

Last edited:
He is a child, doesnt have a motorcycle or a licence…..
still in mummy’s basement with a computer and a box of tissues.

Called in to Irv Seaver BMW, Orange County this morning thinking I might see one in the flesh....nope and talking to them they have no delivery date & no prices for them in the USA. ....

"Build your own" which includes pricing has been up on the BMW US site for weeks now, Irv must have somehow missed it. :)

And buyers have them on order. From what I've heard they should start arriving here late March or April.
It makes sense to me that the home market gets priority for a new release.

"Build your own" which includes pricing has been up on the BMW US site for weeks now, Irv must have somehow missed it. :)

And buyers have them on order. From what I've heard they should start arriving here late March or April.
It makes sense to me that the home market gets priority for a new release.
Fair dues, was only going on what I had been told.
Strange that the USA had on three bikes and two were NOT to be started or ridden.
Anyway I'm sure you'll get them eventually.

The dealer I frequent hosted an "unveiling" for the bike a few weeks ago. I believe BMW were shifting the same 3 bikes from dealer to dealer for these unveilings. My understanding was we could look at and sit on it but the bike was not to be started. I'm interested in the new BMW GS but it's about a 5 hour round trip and not even being able to hear it I didn't feel it was worth it to attend.

The dealer I frequent hosted an "unveiling" for the bike a few weeks ago. I believe BMW were shifting the same 3 bikes from dealer to dealer for these unveilings. My understanding was we could look at and sit on it but the bike was not to be started. I'm interested in the new BMW GS but it's about a 5 hour round trip and not even being able to hear it I didn't feel it was worth it to attend.
perhaps because they didn't have suitable ear protection to muffle the rattling?:proff

To my ear all the water cooled R BMW's have sounded little rattly accompanied with whirling and knocks, I imagine the 1300 is no different. Surely it's no worse is it? When I changed from a 2012 GSA (nice sounding bike) to the 2014 GSA, and then 2016 RS, I was put off by all the engines mechanical noises, especially at start up so I just changed to putting in my earplugs before starting. :)

Back
Top Bottom