Using map themes with BaseCamp

Bear

Reaction score
Is there any way of using the .kmtf files that Zumos use for map themes to make BaseCamp match the zumo screen? I'm currently tinkering with a theme editor to try to improve the contrast on a Zumo 595 and prototyping the changes on the computer would save a measure of effort. I've scoured the BaseCamp settings and found nothing so this is probably a fool's errand but I'll try anyway.

Thanks John. I hadn't seen it. I've downloaded the two themes for experimenting with but it refers to themes on a 590 rather than with BaseCamp. I'll keepo searching although I'm not hopeful.

I've read that thread a couple of times. Embedding a TYP file in maps seems to be the norm for anyone using OpenStreetMap which has the unfortunate side-effect that changing the theme on the GPS device makes no difference as it appears to only affect features not specified in the TYP file. Although I've seen tools to change the TYP file in a mapset I've not yet found a TYP editor. What I was hoping to do, which looks like it's impossible, was to use BaseCamp to prototype custom themes rather than sending each iteration to the GPS to try out.

Back
Top Bottom