VARIO TOPBOX MOUNTING SECURITY?

swissrob

Reaction score
Hi all,

got a top box many moons ago, and finally got around to fitting it today, 1 issue tho, the box wobbles about a bit on the rear lugs of the mounting plate and has a fair bit of movement if you grab opposite corners and try to rotate the box. Its as if the lugs are too small or a rubber spacer has fallen out of the 2 fwd recesses on the box.....

those with the vario how secure is yours???

Mine has always had a bit of "float" and is marginally worse now with 55K on the clock.
I use a doubled up sheet of the anti slip matting (the criss cross silicon foam sheet that sailors use to stop the G&T sliding around the deck) between the box and the mount.
This is soft enough to flatten down where there is no gap and to expand to fill where is it is larger. It also gives friction between the two surfaces and stops movement and rattles.

Mine has always had a bit of "float" and is marginally worse now with 55K on the clock.
I use a doubled up sheet of the anti slip matting (the criss cross silicon foam sheet that sailors use to stop the G&T sliding around the deck) between the box and the mount.
This is soft enough to flatten down where there is no gap and to expand to fill where is it is larger. It also gives friction between the two surfaces and stops movement and rattles.

cheers toby, funnily enought thats what i was thinking of also - shouldnt have to do that though in all fairness - just another item not properly designed!

Back
Top Bottom