Where is the new V85TT?

Akulaking

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I got quite excited when I saw the revamped V85 at the show in November. Lots of little clips on YouTube at the time, press release from MG heralding it’s coming, now it seems to have gone dead in the water. It’s February now and nothing about when it will be in the dealers, no press releases, no journalists testing it in some sunny climate.
Anyone know anything?

I got quite excited when I saw the revamped V85 at the show in November. Lots of little clips on YouTube at the time, press release from MG heralding it’s coming, now it seems to have gone dead in the water. It’s February now and nothing about when it will be in the dealers, no press releases, no journalists testing it in some sunny climate.
Anyone know anything?
Crikey, it feels to me like the original V85 has only just been launched.

What are the expected modifications?

New switchgear, different TFT display, a few more BHP, different colour schemes. The VVT thing is a bit odd, some sites say it will have it, inc the MG website. I find it strange that they haven’t made a big song and dance about it, it’s such a big technological advance over the fixed valve timing. Any well see.

The original model was announced in 2017 and went into production in spring 2019. That’s five years ago! Seems daft but there it is. We also had the 2nd version around 21/22 time.

Thanks Martin, that's a good summary.

VVT - did we need that? Did they check with Baldrick first???

I do like the red and white colour scheme.

One of the delights of the Guzzi (mine is 2019) is the old-school tech. Air cooling, 2 valve (screw and lock nut), etc. a doddle to service. Done my valve clearance 3 times now, and it's super quick to do. I hope it doesn't get more complicated!!

My brother was after one. They told him that when the current model was sold out they would start on the new one. He told them that the new model was the current one and not to hold their breath. Bad marketing. JJH

My brother was after one. They told him that when the current model was sold out they would start on the new one. He told them that the new model was the current one and not to hold their breath. Bad marketing. JJH

Absolutely. Might not be for a while then if they have lots left over.

Back
Top Bottom