Wiring help (2007 GS + Thork controller)

abhi

Reaction score
Hi,
I have ordered and received this part. I wondered how best to wire it into a 2007 R1200GS.
4d02ab1aa62dd45f8306371fba2be003.jpg

I don't intend to use the sensor, so just these two. Also, do not have access to the wiring diagram of my bike. I was wondering if you know where I can put these input leads to just power it like any other accessory.

5083f10e15102f1d95129c2b369d2c54.jpg

Primarily to use the mobile phone without stretching to reach, which is mounted way out over the dials while riding + roadbook navigation.
63d513c1f7ee76f34761ae3a323cfca7.jpg

Leaving the relevant portion of the manual above as text, to help with search of anyone else looking.
2.7. Connect Adv Ctrl input leads with motorcycle electrical system (standard 12VDC nominal voltage is required). Positive terminal is marked as „12VDC“, negative as „GND“. Always connect “GND” first. Hint: apply dielectric grease (battery contacts fat) on the terminals prior to installation to ensure good contact and prevent oxidation. 2.8. There are 6,3mm Faston style tabs on the input leads. 2.9. Adv Ctrl does not have its own power backup (battery). Therefore, it is recommended to connect Adv Ctrl to the motorcycle auxiliary power socket that is always powered, otherwise Adv Ctrl will shut down when ignition will be in OFF position. Alternatively, Adv Ctrl can be connected directly to the onboard motorcycle battery, PROVIDED a fuse box with no more than 5A fuse is installed between Adv Ctrl input leads and the battery. To connect Adv Ctrl to the motorcycle battery, you can use Carpe Battery Extension Cable (sold separately).

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom