Autocom cold shoulder ?

GSdude

Reaction score
Greetings. Just preparing for the annual European jaunt and realised that I needed necessary parts to connect my 2610 to autocom.....so, with Rainbow being closed on a Monday i decided to ring Autocom and book direct. Guy on the other end asked me what I wanted and then proceeded to tell me that they would prefer me to go through my dealer....end of conversation !?
Is this normal ? regards :guitarist
p.s..all I wanted was the Isolation block adaptor and the 2.5mm mono to 3.5 mm stereo GPS interface lead.

Not sure if it's normal, as the only time I've ordered anything direct from Autocom it arrived within a day or two as promised. Maybe it was just a Monday morning person on the end of the phone?

Im am sorry if who ever spoke to you on the phone was sounding a bit wrong. Unfortunately our ordering system is down today so we can not place or send any orders probably until tomorrow (fingers crossed), hence why he said go direct to the dealer as in you might be able to pick up part quicker.

We do prefer our customers go direct to our dealers this is why we have them but if all else fails nomally with our system working working we can supply direct no problems

Rich@Autocom

I emailed Autocom about a custom part and they came back very promptly with a response to contact them directly for purchase.. I'll be calling them tomorrow hope they get the order entry system fixed :thumb2

Am currently talking to them about getting a powered bluetooth adapter to connect my TT Rider and have to say they have been really helpful - not sure but it may even be GS Rich I am emailing??

Cheers

Simon E

No probs ...getting my buddy to visit Rainbow today. I agree that in the past Autocom have been OK and on this occasion its simply been a combination of factors which have occurred. Stay safe :thumb2

Am currently talking to them about getting a powered bluetooth adapter to connect my TT Rider and have to say they have been really helpful - not sure but it may even be GS Rich I am emailing??

Cheers

Simon E

Yup its me :thumb2

Rich

Just a quick follow up - spoke with Richard on Tuesday and he confirmed part was being built as we spoke and would then be tested. He called me on Wednesday to say the part worked fine and all I now had to do was pay for it and they would dispatch. Item arrived first thing Friday and was fitted this morning. It worked brilliantly straight out of the box with very simple fitting instructions - I now have a permenent powered bluetooth connection to my autocom system from my TomTom rider so can hear directions and take phone calls no problem.

Just wanted to let you all know what a great, fast and efficient service I received - Cheers GSrich and the guys at Autocom :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom