Surrey Trail Ride (Wombat Hunt)

Which Sunday?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Blue Sweeper

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

How about another Surrey Wombat hunt? Whichever date gets the most votes is when we go.

The route is a popular trail ride using only legal Byways with hill climbs, mud, water, chalk, flint tracks and sand. We meet up at Newlands Corner car park near Guildford on the A25 - Dorking Road.

Streetmap is

HERE

Be there or miss out on a fun day. Look forward to about 60/70 miles of dirt with a stop at a pub half way round for lunch. This is mostly for pogo stick bikes but any hero with a GS is more than welcome, I may be tempted to take my HP2.

The date in the poll above that gets the most votes is when we go.

The start time is at 10:00 and expect to be back at the car park for 15:00

Please put a posting here if you intend to come along.

Roy.

You dont fancy coming up to te peaks on the 25th Roy????:D

You dont fancy coming up to te peaks on the 25th Roy????:D

I'd really like to Matt but I've got something organised for the 24th and need to be at work early on the Monday, so haven't the time to get there and back in one day. :(

I'd really like to Matt but I've got something organised for the 24th and need to be at work early on the Monday, so haven't the time to get there and back in one day. :(

You drive like you ride then:eek: :eek: :thumb

Hi..I have chosen the 8th, but any of the dates I could be available..

I am very, very new to off roading.....in fact as i type i havent even had a go :eek:

Am hoping for some 1:1....(i think i have had an offer;) )...hence chosing 8th, i may have a bit of a clue by then:mmmm ......

Presently i may have no skills but i have enthusiasm:bounce1

Hiya Scattty, don't worry about not having done any off-roading before. Roy is a very good leader and we all consider everybody regarding the pace of the day.

Believe me, you will have a fun day, plus you willl gain valuable experience - stop worrying and just enjoy.

Phil

Hi guys

If you are choosing Sunday 8th April I may be able to come. I live in Bristol but my Dad lives just outside Reigate. If I know early enough I will trailer bike down on the Sat do the 'be nice to parent thing' and come out with you boys on Sunday.

I will keep looking to see the date you have choosen.

Fred

Hi guys

If you are choosing Sunday 8th April I may be able to come. I live in Bristol but my Dad lives just outside Reigate. If I know early enough I will trailer bike down on the Sat do the 'be nice to parent thing' and come out with you boys on Sunday.

I will keep looking to see the date you have choosen.

Fred

last time i looked..i was a girl!!!........

I appreciate that this looks to be more for the serious off roaders amongst you but is there any chance of ever doing a gentle, perhaps shorter GS friendly off road route around that area? Never been off road with my GS and don't have another off road bike, - I cycled a lot around that area a few years ago but do not know many of the green lanes that can be used, and would not mind exploring with company rather than doing it for the first time on my own and trying to read a map at the same time. :)

surrey

Hi all.
Meeeeeeeeeeee. I will have it. me come..Pleeeeeeeaaase.. I dont care on what date.:rob I will be on a GS...:thumb2

Tony allen

I guess that is a no to my request then? :augie

Ian, you'll be fine on your GS. If you don't want to do the whole day then just come along for the morning stint. Then, when we break for lunch you can make your way home.

My guess is that you'll be having so much fun you'll want to stay to complete the day.:D

Ian, you'll be fine on your GS. If you don't want to do the whole day then just come along for the morning stint. Then, when we break for lunch you can make your way home.

My guess is that you'll be having so much fun you'll want to stay to complete the day.:D
he dosnt lie, thats wot i did last time u will love it

Back
Top Bottom