Portsmouth Bilbao cancelation

StickyTwist

This might be old news to all you old hands out there, but I've just had my Portsmouth to Bilbao booking for May cancelled as the company (Transmediterranea) is ceasing to run this route. They said it's not viable or something -not surprising really as they were undercutting P&O by quite a bit. Thought you might want to know if planning a spanish trip. Obviously, other ferries are booking up fast as they 'soak up' the disappointed hoards. I'm off to France instead (Portsmouth to Le Havre probably)-anyone got any sugestions as to good regions to visit? -I reckon we've got about 8 days over there.
Cheers, Sticky:confused:

You may want to try booking a brittany ferry holiday i.e plymouth santander route plus the hotels thru them. Whilst the ferry alone is expensive, booking everything in one hit is reasonable. I was booked Portsmouth - Bilbao with Acciona and had to rebook. Through brittany ferries Holidays I got three people/three motorcycles, 4 berth cabin, 4 nights in hotel Del Oso in the Picos, £310 each. Doing it this way means they throw in a 4 berth cabin free

Thanks for the tip -unfortunately, the only dates I've got available were fully booked on that route, so it looks as if it's the long way through France instead -may swap the Pyrenes for the Picos. No doubt it'll be fun ayway -have a good trip.

Back
Top Bottom