Zumo 550 security screw

JIm

Reaction score
Just a question about using the security screw. I always envisaged simply taking the zumo off the mount when paying for petrol and such like because its so easy to do that. I've used it a few times now and I am impressed, however Captain Paranoia has now got me thinking how firmly the mount holds the zumo, can it come off on rough roads? Incidentally, I have taken the security screw out due to the fact it screws itself back into the mount as you're moving, luckily I had the screw driver on me!
Thanks Jim

Well

You can allway's make your own..

schroef5.jpg

These are prototypes. The middle one is going into production...

And NO.. I can not sell you one... I am not the manufacturer :augie

I have been talking to the proposed manufacturer of these things. He is not commercial. Let's make that point.
But he is looking into making a -- one time small-- series of this at more or less manufacturing costs.

If this would be for sale for something like around 6~7 pounds including shipping costs. Would you be interested???

Weyhey more bits :thumb2 :D :D :D ................................................of course

I have been talking to the proposed manufacturer of these things. He is not commercial. Let's make that point.
But he is looking into making a -- one time small-- series of this at more or less manufacturing costs.

If this would be for sale for something like around 6~7 pounds including shipping costs. Would you be interested???

Count me in!!!

So you don't like being screwed ?? :blast

Well actual price depends on the making costs of a small series. And it includes shipping & post etc.

Had the same gripes as JIm even before I mounted my Zumo on the bike...

I'LL HAVE ONE TOO PLEASE!!!

Ordered Wednesday arrived today, great service, great bit of kit. My Garmin screw also screwed itself in and I forgot my driver :blast

Back
Top Bottom