No ferrry between Kapellskär and Paldiski

Gav

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
According to an e-mail from Tallink, there is not going to be a ferry running on this route. Thought you might like to know in case you were thinking of sailing to Estonia from Sweden as I was.

Then why not to use Tallink's Stockholm to Tallinn line? More passenger oriented ferries also.

Hi Randel:)

Yes, that's what I'm looking into doing. But it means two ferries and associated expense as you have to go via Helsinki.

Maybe I didn't understand you correctly, but there is actually two different routes - you can choose either Stockholm to Helsinki to Taliinn or also directly from Stockholm to Tallinn in case you don't want to spend some time in Helsinki.

That's interesting. I was led to believe that you had to go via Helsinki. There did not seem to be an option to sail directly. Will have to look into this. Thanks. Will let you know how I get on.
Cheers:thumb2
Gav

Hi Randel

Now had an e-mail back from them. Seems you were right, although it doesn't obviously mention a direct sailing on the website. Still don't know the times. I think maybe the language barrier is causing a bit of problem when e-mailing.

Thanks for your input. I may be asking you more about Estonia at some point.:)

Gav

ferry

Hi Randel

Now had an e-mail back from them. Seems you were right, although it doesn't obviously mention a direct sailing on the website. Still don't know the times. I think maybe the language barrier is causing a bit of problem when e-mailing.

Thanks for your input. I may be asking you more about Estonia at some point.:)

Gav

Gav - you might find it easier to call - that's how I booked the Stockholm to Tallinn ferry for some of us travelling there later in May. The number is +46 8666 6001 and then select option 2 - they speak excellent English in case your Swedish isn't up to it too!

Back
Top Bottom