Which Autocom...

snoopy

I haven't a clue, maybes somebody does:

1. sound (mp3) from phone via 3.5mm stereo. Phone cuts sound of automatically when call. Mic also via 3.5mm socket.

2. garmin quest sound via 3.5mm socket.

And that's it for now. Maybes the need for plugging in a bike to bike radio at some point but not at the moment.

I think I'm after something simple without bluetooth support. :nenau

PS) I'd use Bluetooth for the mp3/mic support if it's in stereo.

My problem seems to be with playing music through the phone. It'll think somebody is ringing and mute everything else. :nenau

Is bluetooth audio only stereo? Maybe I should use bluetooth to connect the phone up and use the 3.5mm audio jack from it into the music port of autocom.

I'm confused. wilbjr21's 1200 GSA setup looked very nice but he had a Shuffle for audio.

Well can supply you a bluetooth phone adaptor but due to this running via the phone socket the music will be in mono sound. What phnoe are you wanting to run? This will help me to get you part numbers and prices

GPS connection wise you will need to add our Parts 1285 and 1293 to which ever kit you decide to run.

Rich :beerjug:

K750i

At the moment I'm verging towards just using sound straight from phone and not using GPS sound as it is not a critical requirement.

I'm confused. wilbjr21's 1200 GSA setup looked very nice but he had a Shuffle for audio

Snoopy - Update

I'm now using a Zumo with 4GB card for the music and the Autocom Bluetooth 1273 dongle for the phone. If you want to go the GPS route this is it. You pair the phone to the GPS and route the phone calls to the dongle (option in the Zumo); these will be in mono. Voice prompts and music from the Zumo to the Autocom via a lead. This is the only way to get phone calls from the Zumo that do not mute the receive speech when you speak (must go to input 1 on the Autocom). Music goes to input 2 and will mute when you speak.

Just depends how much you want to spend - it all adds up :eek:

If you want to see mine just give me a ring:thumb2

Cheers for that. So basically, it's going to cost £200 and some more weight in order to hear the GPS woman telling me to turn right. This is starting to turn into a no brainer...

I reckon it's the usual computer rule : get the best spec you can afford.
I just got the active rider kit. Glad I didn't get easy rider, as the active rider is voice activated, but now I wish I'd got the next one up, because it automatically adjusts music volume to background (wind) noise.
I guess you need to read the specs carefully, and realise that you might want to do more than you think with it.
As an aside, I am amazed at the quality of the sound !!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom