Zumo 550 America maps to europe?

Henski

I'm thinking about buying a Zumo 550 from America, due to exchange rates and I know a few people who should be able to get me one there, however it'd be loaded with the maps for America, would this mean i'd have to buy the european maps V9 NT ( I have a 2610 and have Version 9 disk and unlock code but I believe it's not NT so there for different). If I had the Maps is it just a case of loading in Europe Version 9 on the PC then onto the Zumo? If anyone has done this with problems or not i'd appreciate any feedback.If I had to buy V9 NT then it's not going to be worth getting it from America.

I have a 550 EU and bought the USA maps dvd + unlock code. This works fine. I had the *non* NT DVD version (small mistake in ordering) but that gave no problem. They are only larger and traffic info does not work if you have that.

I guess that if you have an original EU CN9 with unlock code, you can unlock it on the zumo as well. You can get USA 550 for about $650,- i've heared. So very well worth the try.

Back
Top Bottom