Adventurer spoked wheels

Anthonypowell

Reaction score
Can anybody tell me what I can do to with regards to pitting in the middle of the wheel where the spokes are attached, Is it possible to have these refurbished or do the spoked Wheels from the GS1200 fit as I have seen some second hand ones for sale, After speaking to BMW dealer they have said it is rare on these vehicles but after looking at this site this is not as rare as they claim
Thanks

Can anybody tell me what I can do to with regards to pitting in the middle of the wheel where the spokes are attached, After speaking to BMW dealer they have said it is rare on these vehicles
Thanks

:jes :jes :jes

Ah! Yet another reality check on the "legendary BMW build quality" After they stopped building the airheads, BMW started using "monkey metal" instead of the proper aluminum alloys for engine cases, fork braces, etc. So unless you ride an 1100, put it down to experience!

Just to add insult to injury, why don't BMW change the lower fork brace when it turns to powder outside the 3 year warranty period? Mine stared to turn to dust 4 months after and the dealer said, "sorry sir, it's not covered, you'll have to cough up if you want a new one"!!!! :spitfire :spitfire :spitfire

Adventurer? Are we talking KTM here? If so, go wash your mouth out with soap.

1100 and 1150 wheels are the same, 1200 are different animals.

The spokes aren't attached in the middle, BTW; mine were towards the outside edge of the rim. I assume that's what you meant.

I think he has the standard alloy wheels and he wants to fit the optional, (standard on the 1200GSA), wire spoked wheels.

If this is what he wants, the answer is yes, they are a straight swap, if you can find/afford them.

I think he has the standard alloy wheels and he wants to fit the optional, (standard on the 1200GSA), wire spoked wheels.
....and I think he has an 1150 'cos it says so in his profile...

Would have been helpful of him to mention it, though.

IF it's 1200 cast to wires conversion (and no it isn't clear), then the wheel nuts are not interchangeable.

Back
Top Bottom