Gorge Du tarn

Boxadog

Ok being the numpty that I am can anyone advise me of the best route through the Gorge du Tarn from south to north ?

Oh and by the way we leave on Friday.

ta

Bob

You want to follow the river you do :D
Have fun, I'm off there too next month, don't wear out the sunshine please :thumb2

Hi can't suggest a route but can suggest a beautiful place to visit, Saint-Antonin-Noble-val, just Sw of Villefrance-de-rouergue.

By the Aveyron river, if you have ever seen the film "Charlotte Gray" this is where it was set, well worth a stop off.:thumb

Ok being the numpty that I am can anyone advise me of the best route through the Gorge du Tarn from south to north ?

ta

Bob

According to my map it's the D907B and it runs, near enough, north to south (or the other way if you prefer) - probably only one way to ride it (in either direction) unless you want to get wet or crash.

You do have a map don't you?

ta

Bob

From where exactly? Do you have a Garmin GPS? If so I have a route already. If not, go to Millau and see the bridge then follow the river. Be careful to stay with the Tarn, don't get sidetracked by the Dourbie!

Give 'Shenzi' on here a shout, he lives not far from there and has a great deal of knowledge, he's usually more than willing to pass on...:thumb

Thanks for the replies guys.

I do have a map and a GPS, but recomendation is often a lot better.

I will follow the river after Milleau.

Bob

I did this last week. I don't know if I did it the best way but it was wonderful. (Much of the route is signposted as the Cirque de Grand Caussess and Gorges.) I started at Le Rozier, went down through the Gorge de la Jonte, stopping to watch the vultures, then on to Meyrueis for lunch. From there I headed south to do a loop that takes in Mont Aigoual (1567 m) and then on up to Florac, Ispagnac, St Enimie and down the Tarn back to Le Rozier.

Whatever way you do it I'm sure you will enjoy it.

M :thumb

Looking down on the Tarn from the top of the Caussess.

Attachments

• Gorge du Tarn small.JPG
    Gorge du Tarn small.JPG
    107.1 KB · Views: 257

Back
Top Bottom