Mapsource Problem - Can anyone help?

Peter Pan

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Have been off line for a while 'cos of a particularly nasty virus which resulted in my having to reformat my entire hard disk :(

Having done that, I was then faced with the task of re-installing Mapsource and unlocking the various files which I did sucessfully earlier today.

I've also visited the Gasrmin web site and downloaded all the latest USB drivers, software etc.

My problem now is that, having loaded up Mapsource (version 6.11.6) I appear to have an intermittent problem when launching some of the Mapsource.gbd files I'd previously created and saved. Some files open straight away, but if I try to open others, I get the following error message :

"The file cannot be read because it uses a subsequent file version. This program can read MPS files as well as GDB files version 2 and below"

Has anyone else come across this problem or knows what it actually means? Is there a solution for overcoming it? I'd never had problems opening any files before.:nenau

Would appreciate any help or advice you can offer. Thanks.:thumb

If you click on "Help" then "Check for Software Updates" you should be able to get the latest Mapsource version.

The latest Mapsource I have is Version 6.12.4

Taff / Ian,

Thank you both VERY much. Problem sorted.

I had already been to the Garmin web site and downloaded what I thought were all the available updates - but obviously hadn't!

Thanks again. :thumb

Back
Top Bottom