Ferry

tallpaul415

I remember reading something about needing to release the air from the rear shox if taking the bike on the ferry .....
Do i need to do this ?
Has anyone taken there bike on the ferry yet ?
Any problems ?
Thanks
Paul

can't see it makes any difference, if you put the bike on a plane however that could be pretty funny...

booked on ferry in 7 ish days time will let you know.

ferry

am i missing something ........if u are riding your bike onto a ferry, u dont need to touch anything. Is this a joke or are you serious? I would reccommend going to your local bmw dealer and getting some tie downs from them. They should give them to you free as they are used to tie the bike down when it comes from the factory. Now, when you ride onto the ferry make sure you tie your bike down yourself. Some ships wont let you but if you can use two for the front and one for the rear. If the ferry guys say they will do it, place your bike clothes or sleeping bag or some material over the tie down points as they dont care and you may find unneccessary scratches on your return. This info took me from ireland to france,spain to italy and italy to izmus(turkey) without a scratch.

I am serious ...i am sure i read somewhere that because it had an air shox ...it did not liked being tied down .....and would bounce around on the deck of the ferry.
But if this is not the case all well and good ......
Didnt want to the ferry till i sought some advice
thanks Paul

I am serious ...i am sure i read somewhere that because it had an air shox ...it did not liked being tied down .....and would bounce around on the deck of the ferry.
But if this is not the case all well and good ......
Didnt want to the ferry till i sought some advice
thanks Paul

All you do is tie the front end of the bike like you would on a trailer and then the back wheel.

Back
Top Bottom