Harwich Esbjerg Ferry and Nordkapp

talaris

Reaction score
Off to Nordkapp in July. The DFDS ferry times are interseting to say the least so looking at Harwich to Esbjerg and then through Holland, Sweden and follow the Baltic up to Nordkapp. Probably back along E6/E17. Trip is planned at a length of 16 days.

Anyone done this route? Any good. Is it going to take to long doing Holland and Sweden too?

TIA for any help

Harich Esbjerg Ferry and Nordkapp

Hi,
just a note to say Esbjerg is in Denmark not Holland. I've been looking at doing a trip to Norway in 2008. The DFDS ferry sails from Newastle to Bergen. It leaves at 18.30 hrs and arrives just before midnight the next night. Not the ideal time to be checking into a Hotel. So I'll be interested in any suggestions that come up on this thread.

Regards,
Kieran.

You could take the ferry from Harwich to Esbjerg, take a look around Ribe then you could take a ferry from Northern Denmark to Norway. Which is what I will probably do in June.
IMHO the drive across DK and into Sweden and up the Baltic coast is boring, as is the E6 from Sweden to Oslo.
I took the Newcastle to Stavanger ferry last June and it was OK and the arrival time in stavanger was about 11am. Watch out for speed cameras in Dk, Sweden and Norway.

Denmark may not have the fjords of Norway but it isn't boring.

If you insist on using roads with an E letter they usually will be ....generally motorways! & therefore boring

The ferry to Esbjerg and then a ride up through Denmark on any small roads keeping the sea on your left will lead you up to the North of Dk from where you can catch a ferry into a number of different ports in Norway.

Check this link for routes

http://www.directferries.co.uk/routes.htm

On the north west coast of Dk you can get off road and try riding along some of the beaches in some areas.........great fun but you may get stuck!

I did the Harwich - Esbjerg route with DFDS just over a year ago (en-route to Karlskroona in Sweden).

The ferry was clean and the food was superb - in fact it was probably the best food I had in the 10 days I was away. :thumb2

Unless they've changed the times, mine was an overnight crossing which saved on B&B / hotel costs.

Back
Top Bottom