Jerez MotoGP Campsite?

Bateman

Reaction score
I am thinking about taking my dad down to Jerez for the MotoGP - flying down to Seville and hiring a car for a few days, and camping somewhere nearby. has anyone ever camped at the circuit campsite and is it within walking distance of the track? Are there quieter sites nearby?

My dad is 75 and whilst no stranger to noise and excitement, he'd probably prefer a quieter night if possible, though if the best option is the circuit site, and that gets us into the spirit of things, then we'll go with that.

The flights to Jerez look too expensive otherwise I would have considered that.

We will probably spend the friday looking around seville and then going to the circuit sat and sunday.

Been to the Jerez Moto Gp three times. Never camped at the track, but have walked through it on the Saturday and Sunday. It makes the Donnington camp site look like a 5 star establishment. No toilets, no showers, and loads of noise. I wouldn't choose to stay there.

Getting away from the track after can be a nightmare so I wouldn't personally plan on a Sunday nifgr flight.

Been to the Jerez Moto Gp three times. Never camped at the track, but have walked through it on the Saturday and Sunday. It makes the Donnington camp site look like a 5 star establishment. No toilets, no showers, and loads of noise. I wouldn't choose to stay there.

Getting away from the track after can be a nightmare so I wouldn't personally plan on a Sunday nifgr flight.

Completely agree......I camped there a couple of year's ago.....Definitely a 'no no' for your Dad......:)

Completely agree......I camped there a couple of year's ago.....Definitely a 'no no' for your Dad......:)

Hmm - sounds like a no-no for me as well. Maybe I'll look for something slightly north towards Seville, where I fly in and out of.

Any recommendation anyone?

We went a few years back, but flew into Malaga and stopped in Fuengirola (spelling ?). Its a bit of a drive from there but certainly ok.
From what I've seen of the campsite, its completely mad, with (amongst other things) lads revving tiny 2-stroke engines up till they blew up - just for fun :eek:. In fact, this goes on during the raceday itself.
Absolutely fantastic atmosphere though. Must go again soon. :)

It seems a little more effort has been made this year, though at a cost.... The campsite will have hot showers, toilets, 24 hr security, a mini market and be on 2 sites. I have reserved a pitch for one tent, car, and 2 people for the weekend - this was 90 euros! The link to the site is http://www.acampadagranpremiojerez.com/

I also booked my MotoGP tickets today. It was much cheaper to phone the circuit direct and book the tickets over the phone. For 60 euros each I have 2 three-day tickets with Grandstand (not numbered). That was all that was left. All the numbered stands are sold out, though it may be possible to get them through a reseller. Here is the link to the Jerez circuit:

http://www.circuitodejerez.com/en/home.htm

So...per person, return flight to Seville on Thurs 27th was £65, car hire £20, ticket £45, camping £35 - £165 seems ok to finally get to this race after thinking about it for 15 years.

It seems a little more effort has been made this year, though at a cost.... The campsite will have hot showers, toilets, 24 hr security, a mini market and be on 2 sites. I have reserved a pitch for one tent, car, and 2 people for the weekend - this was 90 euros! The link to the site is http://www.acampadagranpremiojerez.com/

I also booked my MotoGP tickets today. It was much cheaper to phone the circuit direct and book the tickets over the phone. For 60 euros each I have 2 three-day tickets with Grandstand (not numbered). That was all that was left. All the numbered stands are sold out, though it may be possible to get them through a reseller. Here is the link to the Jerez circuit:

http://www.circuitodejerez.com/en/home.htm

So...per person, return flight to Seville on Thurs 27th was £65, car hire £20, ticket £45, camping £35 - £165 seems ok to finally get to this race after thinking about it for 15 years.

Let us all know how the camping goes. Have a great time.

I have wimped out of camping :ymca i decided that I didnt want to arrive at the site at close to midnight friday night and have the chaos of pitching a tent/finding a spot etc with my 75 yr old dad - so have booked a hotel quite far away, just south of seville, and will drive down on saturday and then again very early on Sunday. I'll try and arrive at the track at around 6.30am on Sunday - will this be early enough?? Does saturday get busy?

Does saturday get busy?

Yes, saturday is very busy ( or was when we went a few years ago).
Get there early on race day....most of the campers won't have even been to bed yet ! )

Rich

I have wimped out of camping :ymca i decided that I didnt want to arrive at the site at close to midnight friday night and have the chaos of pitching a tent/finding a spot etc with my 75 yr old dad - so have booked a hotel quite far away, just south of seville, and will drive down on saturday and then again very early on Sunday. I'll try and arrive at the track at around 6.30am on Sunday - will this be early enough?? Does saturday get busy?

....Wise.......:thumb :)

Back
Top Bottom