Suggestions for route to Cannes?

rkydd

I am going to be traveling to Cannes (from Calais/Tunnel) on my GS, departing early on Sunday 1st June and need to be in Cannes on the afternoon of Wednesday 4th June.
I was thinking of either going via Millau/Tarn/Verdun Canyon which I have done before, or more hopefully taking an alternate eastern route via the Route des Grandes Alpes - however I dont think it will all be open by then.

Any suggestions gratefully received.......
My return journey for various reasons will be via Rome!

Rich

You have given yourself three and a half days to get from Calais to the Mediterranean. That's fine.

There are several routes down, that you could take.

My suggestion, as always, is simply to get yourself:

Michelin 726. Use it for planning as it shows just the main and Bis tourist routes.

Michelin map book for the whole of France 1:200,000 scale. Use it to fill in the fine detail, if you want to.

Then plot your own routes. It's dead easy and will match what YOU want to do, not what somebody else thinks you should do.

The Route gets high, up to 2,770 meters for the Col de l'Iseran, so it may well be worth checking when it is open. I suggest you call / contact the tourist office in Bourg Saint Maurice, they will know for sure.

Back
Top Bottom