950/990SM & 990 Super Duke fuel economy?

Nasty1

Reaction score
Looking for a change in bike to accommodate some touring and hooning around.

Whilst probably not the best choice I am looking at (to start) either KTM 950/990SM or the Super Duke. I see that they do luggage & touring screen for the SM & just the touring screen for the Super Duke. Anybody done any distance work on either of these and care to comment on their experiences, what sort of fuel consumption figures your getting.

Thanks for any feed back.

Cheers
Adie

I normally get 45+mpg from my 950 SE, which is basically a better & improved version of the 950SM with longer suspension. :augie

Something to bear in mind. I believe the 990SM has a bigger tank which will benefit those touring trips

Stumpy

Had a 950SM for 3 years used to get 97 miles to low fuel light /40mpg the new 990SM I now have does 130 miles to low Fuel light as the tank is bigger.Different bike though ,Both can tour with luggage both great fun but no good at sustained high speed. I have fitted a screen on my 990SM which really helps.There is a weird tail pack available for the SD check out the KTM forum ,theres a thread comparing the SD/SM for practicality running at the momment:thumb2

fuel range

I have 2 mates that have 950sm. We did the alps thhis year and they were getting about 130/140 miles to the tank, and we not hanging around :augie

Both were fitted with top boxes and tank bags and did 691miles in one day, with the only complaint being that they had to take the peaks off their Tour Xs to stop neck ache. Other than that, no issues

Go for it....they're wicked!!

Thanks guys, these SM's sound so good. I think the only thing that may burst my bubble is the 875 seat height! I am supposed to be looking at lower bikes. Looks like I am going to have to get down the dealers for a closer.

Cheers

Adie

had a super duke great bike but was all ways looking for a garage as the tank is so small

Back
Top Bottom