Any ride-outs coming soon?

PatchGS1150

Reaction score
Guy's,

I'm a new member here and I don't know anyone at all! :thedummy

Having just got into enduro bikes (R1150GS - 2001) I would like to get to know how to ride off-road, so to speak, properly. I would much rather learn from others with experience rather than from mistakes on my own - and wreak my bike!

Do you midlands guys venture out much? Having read some of the posts from those going out in groups all over the UK, I'm really keen to get out and make some new friends to boot! (not literally of course).

Any info would be most welcome...

Phil:thumb2

Guy's,

Do you midlands guys venture out much? Having read some of the posts from those going out in groups all over the UK, I'm really keen to get out and make some new friends to boot! (not literally of course).

Any info would be most welcome...

Phil:thumb2

Hi Phil

Have look at the ride reports here

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135366

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139028

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149854

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153477

I'm sure there be more now we have done our summer trips ( keep an eye for date etc & try to make one of the pub nights )

Louis :thumb2

Phil

We are going to have a muddy ride out in the next few weeks when Mav gets back from the USA.

You`ll need TKC`s and a snorkel though:augie

If you want some light off roading on the GS, let us know a date you are available and we`ll see if we can`t organise something appropriate!!

Just thought, I haven`t picked the lawn book up from you yet. Have you still got any?

I would also be up for some light offroading if you do a trip out. Havent really done any yet as don't want to be stuck out there first time on my own. I've only got tourance's on though.
Shane

I would also be up for some light offroading if you do a trip out. Havent really done any yet as don't want to be stuck out there first time on my own. I've only got tourance's on though.
Shane

Shane, I would say that you need TKC`s for most of the stuff because they get a little unwieldy otherwise IMHO. I wouldn`t attempt it on mine without them but maybe that`s just me:augie

Someone maybe along shortly with a good option:D

Shane, I would say that you need TKC`s for most of the stuff because they get a little unwieldy otherwise IMHO. I wouldn`t attempt it on mine without them but maybe that`s just me:augie

+ 1 as it's a bit wet out there but its upto you :thumb2

Louis, Can I come too ? I want to try out my new (old) KTM 640 Adventure that I bought on Sunday (or I can bring the GS) - I'm sure that I'm too short and too fat for the KTM but I'm going to wear high heels and a corset to correct this.

I'm by no means a good off roader (or on roader for that matter) as all my experience has been on dry tracks.

Louis, Can I come too ? I want to try out my new (old) KTM 640 Adventure that I bought on Sunday (or I can bring the GS) - I'm sure that I'm too short and too fat for the KTM but I'm going to wear high heels and a corset to correct this.

I'm by no means a good off roader (or on roader for that matter) as all my experience has been on dry tracks.

Your be more than welcome (and mark) to come out with me not sure when I'm out next as busy with work But will Defo let you know (Sgt Bilco & Mav may be out soon:nenau )

I bought a 05 KTM 640 12 months ago LOVE IT :thumb

006.jpg

005.jpg

003.jpg

Louis

Phil

We are going to have a muddy ride out in the next few weeks when Mav gets back from the USA.

You`ll need TKC`s and a snorkel though:augie

If you want some light off roading on the GS, let us know a date you are available and we`ll see if we can`t organise something appropriate!!

Just thought, I haven`t picked the lawn book up from you yet. Have you still got any?

Thanks for that, seems I am going out on saturday with a couple of guys (adamneeds) on a light/easy route.

As for riding an easy route with you guys' I'm up for a ride out most weekends on one day or the other.

I can only go on road tyres though, I have no nobblies, well, not on the bike wheels anyway!

I do have loads of lawn books, when we eventally meet, I'll bring one along for you.

Cheers guys - Phil:thumb

Your be more than welcome (and mark) to come out with me not sure when I'm out next as busy with work But will Defo let you know (Sgt Bilco & Mav may be out soon:nenau )

I bought a 05 KTM 640 12 months ago LOVE IT :thumb

006.jpg

005.jpg

003.jpg

Louis

I`ve only done one enduro:rob.............................:hide

I`ve only done one enduro:rob.............................:hide

:hapybnce:

That and: "It wasn't this bad/steep/rocky/deep (delete as appropiate) last time!" :augie

Oh, and I'm back this weekend. The HP is waiting for it's forks to be rebuilt so I would be on the ADV which is on tourances. I'd be happy to do the trails by me on Sat if anyone's up for it/ If I can get the HP back together - we can be more adventurous:green gri

You lads are always welcome up in the Peaks! We are out most Saturdays if you dont mind a bit of a ride.
:thumb2

You lads are always welcome up in the Peaks! We are out most Saturdays if you dont mind a bit of a ride.
:thumb2

Cheers that would be Great I'll PM you when have a free saturday to see if your out on the trail

Thank you :thumb2

Louis

Yep, I'll be up for that too.....:eek:

Makes note to himself - quick, get out and buy a BMX, get practicing on some rocky ground, (cheaper when dropped) musn't look like complete tool

Yep, I'll be up for that too.....:eek:

Makes note to himself - quick, get out and buy a BMX, get practicing on some rocky ground, (cheaper when dropped) musn't look like complete tool

get a mountian bike

a good one

and get up the malvern hills good trails up there to learn basics

power imput-grip/loss of grip

mud slate when dry/wet

teaches you balance

ground reading skills

and a sense of risk/danger/damage ratios

havent scared you yet then:eek:

get a mountian bike

a good one

mud slate when dry/wet

teaches you balance

ground reading skills

Good one, and I'll be picking your brains on Saturday too!:thumb

me too please

if there is room for a foreigner (xtz850 or xr650r if its going to be a bit gruesome) then i'd be really happy to roll up

midweek only though for me :blast

get a mountian bike

a good one

mud slate when dry/wet

teaches you balance

ground reading skills

Adam
Great to see you get through the puddle in your Avatar :bow

Drowned my 1200 in there, what a place to put an air intake on an adventure bike :augie It was only two weeks old :blast

DSC01485_resize.jpg

next time I uesd Nicky's DRZ as a dip stick see here http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=8XJaP6OmVCM see how Mav came rushing to help :augie

I use a home made snorkel when going anywhere near water nowerdays :ymca once bitten twice shy :augie

IMGP2750_resize.jpg

Shane, I would say that you need TKC`s for most of the stuff because they get a little unwieldy otherwise IMHO.

Cheers for the reply Bilco, just looking at maybe doing some gravel fireroad type things in the not too distant future, already had a go at a few gravely areas on Anakee's & that was interesting enough :augie. As the bike is the daily hauler to work for me I can't run TKC's at the moment. As soon as I've got this wedding done & dusted (6th december) then I will start looking for some spare wheels & then TKC's, panniers, TT bling, topbox...................Ahhh it never ends does it. :D

Back
Top Bottom