Conwy CLub : Dragon Rally 2004

iaintook

Ok then so who else went ? I saw a few more GS's there down in the muddy bit and 3 or 4 parked up at the local B&B. So who was this then ? and who was the bloke on the mandarin 1150 who we help push out and who did'nt even say thank's ?? who are you hang your head in shame!!

Attachments

• gs.jpg
    gs.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 1,211
Apart from the original beer tent blowing away the day before...and the horizontal hailstones..and the flooded fields...and tins of beer at £2 EACH ( robbin twats)...and the howling gails......well, I thoroughly enjoyed my eleventh visit !!

I'll be there again on my Honda Paris Dakar next year :D

Saw a number of GS's........all struggling off road...well it was VERY muddy and TKC80's or similar were needed !!

It is an excellant rally..sorts the men out from the Touratech 'accessory' pretenders ;)

Lot's of tents abandoned at the end though..presumebly because of storm damage!!

Not even many police out en-route ( well it was raining)..so top marks to them for not being oppressive

Kenny:beerjug:

Despite the weather and lack of bands and crap beer I had a fantastic first Dragon Rally.

I was the Graphitan grey 1150 parked up by the sewage station (nice smell - when viewing my pics I'll open a man whole cover to bring back the full memory!!!!)

God knows why but I shall certainly be returning.

Have included some pics - not one of them will make you want to go!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 1,310
Windy

Are you sure those pictures are from the dragon rally ?? the hail is almost vertical. :D

On the way back from the pub we spotted someone retrieving a fallen over bike from the middle of the A5, and when we got to where we were camping one of our tents had disappeared !! found it in a big puddle down the other end of the campsite.

Gavin I think you went back the same way as we did, shrewsbury/bridgnorth and kidderminster ?? seem to remember your mates traily.

And just incase anyone was thinking about it here is proof that a ZXR is not a good off roader :D

Attachments

• imgp0335.jpg
    imgp0335.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 580
Ian,

Your right we did go down the same way as you, had a really good ride home except for a puncture on mine.

The above picture of my mate might be very poor quality but gets over the feeling of the event !!!!!!!!!!1

A ZXR might make a poor offroader but my mate will testify that it makes an even worse tourer - last summer to Madrid and back, for a beer, in 6 days. It ran brilliantly but he could hardly walk afterwards.

But as they say the best bike for travelling on is always the one in your garage.

Small World GAVIN

Even smaller campsite !!!

We where about twenty paces from you !!!

Saw your friends super motard..loved the twin h/lights .

We where on the XR650 and the XL600.

I trust you walked up to the pub to keep warm ??? :D

My pics were taken with my old trusty 'analogue' camera, so the pics should be developed in time for next years rally !!

Good fun wasn't it?Howling wind,flooded fielld,hail etc.We managed to find a reasonably firm bit to camp on behind that large mound at the back of the toilets.Gotta admit to sheltering in the pub for quite a while.When we got back my mates new tent had been totally flattened by the wind.Same time next year then?

Back
Top Bottom