huggers

barry.arthur

Reaction score
hi guys

anyone have any feed back on huggers please

up to today I have the impression that the only really well designed one is the CF one by Wunderlich which looks the dogs bits.

today I looked at the pyramid plastics one at the NEC which is slightly cheaper than the Wunderlich and which is rumoured to be fitted to Mr Godolphin's staff bike.(But I heard that they advise removal of the rear mudguardy flappy thing which I believe is a tuv requirement).

all to fit a 2008 (non Adv) 1200GS

thanks in advance

hi guys

up to today I have the impression that the only really well designed one is the CF one by Wunderlich which looks the dogs bits.

today I looked at the pyramid plastics one at the NEC which is slightly cheaper than the Wunderlich and which is rumoured to be fitted to Mr Godolphin's staff bike.(But I heard that they advise removal of the rear mudguardy flappy thing which I believe is a tuv requirement).

thanks in advance

The Pyramid is a proven disaster, don't go there. It will do more damage than good.

Personally I gave up looking for a hugger for the 1200. My conclusion was that none of them did as good a job as they should.

Have a look around for the type that fits to the frame instead.

Here's one option http://www.bestrestproducts.com/celestia/order/orderform/?recno=96

there are a few other 'probably better' upper mudguard extentions around too.

Val.

Looks just the ticket!!

hi guys

thanks in advance

Try this,looks ideal but a bit pricey!!!!!

http://www.motorradzubehoer-hornig.de/en/016_01068__BMW_R_1200_GS_Adv_HP2__Rear_Hugger.html

Ilmberger

a bit of an ambush and i'm sorry for that but i have an Ilmberger carbon fibre hugger off a 06 GSA for sale. Its done one Spanish trip this summer and is spotless Cost £180, take £110 including postage. Pic available if you pm me.

I have a Nippy Normans GRP hugger on mine and decent value at £99 when I got it. Just be aware there are 2 versions, with ESA and without ESA.

I dont know how different they are though.

I have one of the Ilmberger carbon fibre huggers, looks great but does sod all, in fact I recon the stupid looking BMW thing I took off did as much to stop crap flying all over the underside rear.

So I would say if like me you want a carbon fibre look cool hugger go for it but in my experiance it wont keep any crap off the bike.

huggers for 1200GS (non A)

many thanks to all who replied

the concensus seems to be don't bother and that confirmed my own tentative conclusion, especially as I had learnt that if one has GSA panniers fitted the Wunderlich (Ilmberger) hugger requires another £50 of stuff to prevent it fowling the pannier fixing brackets.So thats about £260 altogether!

I may yet try one of the Wunderlich frame fitted inner mudguards which look OK at about £110 if you get in quick to avoid price rises which are in the pipeline due to the appalling £/€ exchange rate.

I bought a cheap(ish) Nippy Norman own brand one, and it fits just fine.

In combination with some side panel infils, it stops most of the crap from flying up onto your legs.

I ditched the BMW mud catcher thingy.

Will be switching to road tyres soon, and am interested to see if this makes any difference to the way crap is thrown off the back wheel...

Back
Top Bottom