corbin or any other seat change

keepemall

Reaction score
not sure if this is posted in the correct place please move if req:

have been riding my gs for nearly two years now and from the off wanted a new seat, i ride a r1150gs but was shunted from various other rides from sports to muscle by a lower back ache that allowed less and less mileage.

after a year of hunting being pipped at the gser post and outbid by mad fools on ebay who bid crazy amounts with 5 days left to go (theres a topic for discussion) i found a corbin in usa and won and had it delivered for about £350 s/h when it arrived it was ok didnt make me smile in ecstacy but fitted it and prepared for a new experience!

being five feet seven and a half with a thirty inch inside leg i now looked like fred flinstone, " peddaling in mid air when trying to find the ground" because of the extra width of the corbin between my thighs, the seat wonderfully comfy, but took a bit of getting used to stopping and searching for ground.

couple of months later found a shock that lowered the rear end 50 mm purchased and fitted not sure it gave me 50mm but certainly put the grond a bit closer so happiness returning after a short ride returned home attempteeeeed to put bike on centre stand and nearly caused a hernia the lower rear end made gettting the bike on stand a right mare.

although i like my corbin the bike no longer lives on the centre stand, i have a £180 shock which is fitted while my £600 ohlin sulks in the shed and the floor and me are a little further apart then when me and the gs first met lol

the reason for the post is many faceted a couple that were the inspiration to post is one look outside the box in all things worthwhile and two which was the main point was to offer any would be gser's local enough or passing through thinking of buying a corbin for same bike to drop in and try mine on there machine before they buy and three to encourage a similar offer from those with toys to offer the same to fellow tossers

happy gsing bill:thumb:thumb

Did you know Corbin do a lowered version with 2 adjustments Ive got one on my 07 GSA and although uncomfortable to start with over long distances its been a blessing especialy with a sheepskin cover makes it super comfy.
ian

Sargent seats are 1" lower as standard. and cost £278.89 new. :blast

Many on this site swear by them.

if only they did one 3" higher than the stock seat. :augie

Sargent seats are 1" lower as standard. and cost £278.89 new. :blast

Many on this site swear by them.

if only they did one 3" higher than the stock seat. :augie

is that for 2 seats for non adventurer surely not.. mine are both heated seats although must say never plugged them in as dont have the correct plugs

is that for 2 seats for non adventurer surely not.. mine are both heated seats although must say never plugged them in as dont have the correct plugs

No... that's front only. for 1100/1150. bought direct. But having said that they turn up second hand on this site and Ebay frequently.

TBH - I think the best plan is to have the Original seat remade - simply done without loss of comfort. Tony Archer comes highly recommended.

Corbin seats

These are wider in the front many people have found this ohlins will lower their shocks by quite a bit, you should do the front as well I've got corbin but would not buy another, comfortable after a few miles(read hundred) but not a very good fit and certainly not worth the ridicouls price wanted. Go for a rebuild on your
original seat much better idea.
Dave gs

i had my seats 1150gs done by motorcycle seat works this included 1" higher on front and back original profile kept grippy covering and colour matched piping £200 inc postage well happy no more pain in the arse and no more pain in the knees for me or swmbo :clap:hug:ChrisKelly

Back
Top Bottom