project battybike ....

Next time...

....mrs boundless occasions further desideratum for neoteric garden sculpture, then batty will receive the commission; for sure!

aaagghhhh

Makes my shed look like a fruggin minter.
Did the previous owner set fire to it the put te fire out with a baseball bat? If so it's a good job it had high temperature tires fitted.

Seriously, good luck with the project, an inspiration to me :beerjug:

Yes very nice Chas but what are your plans? Enduro Rally?, Dakar? In which case good choice....

or...

a bit of GS-able offroad with the ability to pick up the bike when it goes down?, a bimble around the lanes or a head-turner at club meets? In which case something a bit simpler, and lighter (ie no 43 litre tank) might be more the idea. Also work out was is salvagable from the embers and set yourself a budget then go from there.

Even in exceptional standard condition these things are a money pit and DAMHIK :D

In all honesty I'd look at Tim's PD as a more likely role model than a HPN, do your homework and get to Belgium at Easter and indulge :thumb

...don't worry Judge...i ain't got that sort of dosh to waist anyway ...:D

...just looking for the 'style' really ... and yes Tim's is a nice balance and he got it for the right money.....barstuard!:D

Everything is for sale,..........at the right price;)

Good luck with your project Charlie.

My GSPD came with recent bills totalling over £5K (parts only) to get it to where it is now, and I believe it wasn't a bad bike to start with. Mind you, who can believe Hayden and Kenny??

'If I were a rich man' I would take it bit further. Pretty, round rocker covers brakes etc. but drive shaft conversion is on hold for a bit.
So spare cash will go into fuel money etc for a while.

Watchout for 'runaway train' syndrome!

Tim

No modifications to frame or steering head angle at all Charlie, other than a small spacer above the bottom yoke.

Handle bar risers have been fitted which also allows the stancions through a little further. Which of course does affect angles, as does a 21' front wheel.

When I get chance I will do some photos of the detail.

Tim

Charlie, whatever you do make sure you photograph every stage won't you - if you get that up and running (and I really hope you do) it's going to make one hell of a story!

Best of Luck! :)

Charlie

Definitely brings out the Irishman in me...

"If I were you I wouldn't start from here..."

Good luck

Simon

Back
Top Bottom