HP2e Seat Fastner - Touratech part -

(RIP) philgunn

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Quick fastener for BMW HP2 seat

Touratech Part no 01-044-2130-0 £14.44 [incl. 15% Tax plus Shipping

to ease and speed seat removal when bike is being used off road I bought the Touratech Dzus D Fastner. some one left it loose and I have now lost it
to buy off Touratech they want 13 euro plus 29 Euro shipping to Ireland . 42 euro for a chrome fastner , I think not . now the one's on honda and Suzuki DRZ side panels are too short "14mm Reach" I don't know the Touratech one" . Does any one know where you can buy the long dzus Screw I require .. need it for the off road in holland shortly

The original fastener on the HP2 seat can only be opened with a special tool from BMW. If you lose it on the road, it is almost impossible to remove the seat to get to the tools or tyre inflator. With the quick fastener the seat can be unlocked and removed quickly without the special tool.

pg

PS I have tried Nippy normans and he cannot supply and all the ducati side panel ones are too short

Attachments

• DZUS.jpeg
    DZUS.jpeg
    3.1 KB · Views: 221
Is this a wanted request? If so, I have one kicking about that I never got around to fitting. Knowing how you use your bike, it would be better used by you so happy to post it out (assuming I can find it in the garage!). Just PM me your address :thumb2

I decided to go for something different that works as well.

Long Eye Bolt French Type M6 x 40mm A4

L-E-B-FRENCH.GIF

£2.51 each in S/S

https://www.seascrew.com

I use a cut to length "roofing bolt" (one of those with slightly rounded large flat head with a big cross cut in) and use a penny to undo. A split spring washer stops it vibrating out.
Cost about 2p from B&Q:thumb

Thanks Guys .... This must be a some sort of record

in less that an hour I got a problem that I have been musing over for nearly 8 months .. thats how long it has been missing .. you are quite a inventive lot with all your helpful solutions but I could not overlook mav's generosity and have accepted his offer , when i get the fastner I will photo and get dimensions , so hope to be better armed for the future loss no doubt.
thanks a lot lads

gunner

I think mine is held on with wire and a stick

:blast

if I could find the camera I take a picture but it's embarressingly badly done:thumb2

HP2 Run in the UK

That's nothing mate you should see us try ride our bikes :D

now that would be a plan
there was talk of a HP2 run out some day , there are a few other HP2e's near me and they would not mind a run out with the greater HP community

in holland 2007 there was about 13/14 Hp2's on the off road runs

Keep it Dirty

gunner

Back
Top Bottom