I've got my new bike

LindaS

Reaction score
Hi
I picked up my new bike on Saturday (the grin is permanent now :D).
It is a F650 GS in silver with all possible factory extras. Even the sun was shining on my way home from the dealer.
With this bike the riding is now the way I hoped it would be. I've been through 6 bikes in the last 3 years and was close to quitting. I found it just too scary. The scariest one was the bike, I had last summer, a Kawa Z750. Very nice looking but it wasn't right for me. In October I part exed it for a 2005 F650 GS and I had some fun again, even through winter. Two weeks ago it developed a problem with the alternator and I took it to the dealer. They had a new demo bike there and I had a test ride. After the test ride I just had to have the new model. Luckily there was one available, which is now in my garage.
I'm a very happy bunny now.
I was out all day on Sunday in blazing sunshine, brilliant. My BF is taking it to work this week to get the 600 miles together for the first service before Easter. We're going to Scotland over Easter. I can't wait. I just hope the weather is half decent.
Anybody else going to Scotland at Easter??

Bye
Linda

Hi LindaS

As you know, I got my new F650GS on Saturday too from SSB
Did the service guy mention anything about a slight rattle which will start as the bike wears in???? Its not a problem, he just told me that it will happen. Has yours?
I think my has started. Only done 125 miles so far.

Did you have panniers fitted when you picked it up?

Have a good time in Scotland:eek:onyack

Hi
No rattle yet. The bike has done 320miles so far. The first service is booked for the 9th April. By then I'll be over 600, I guess but they said it's ok as long as I stay under 1000.
I didn't get the BMW panniers, too expensive. I've already got a big new-ish Givi top box. I've ordered the bracket for that and brackets for Givi panniers. I'll get the big set (E41). When we go to Germany in July, I want to bring a lot of stuff back (spirits). I need space for that. Apart from holidays, the panniers will hang on the wall in the garage. Filtering is easier without them.
Let me know, when you come to the Lakes with your bike. We could do a few miles together. I'll be out every weekend, if the weather is half decent.

Bye
Linda

Back
Top Bottom