France - Sunday May 10th - Tuesday May 12th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wapping

Reaction score
I plan to do a recce ride, ahead of a jaunt with some Tossers later in the month, not least to find a check out a couple of hotels, as I have been let down by one I had confirmation from.

No great plan at the moment, probably two days down to roughly Dijon. Then a reasonable ride back (350 odd miles - 210 miles on D / N roads, then 120 or so on the superslab) to the train on the Tuesday, arriving at the coast around 16:30.

I have to be in France on Saturday night, anyway, on a separate affair, but would expect to be at, say, the Cambrai southbound junction of the motorway around 10:00 AM on Sunday.

Once clear of the motorway, either at Cambrai or maybe further south, it will be N and D roads around the countryside. I will plot out a route.

Cost? Train is about £60 return, I guess. Easy on the lunch stop, snack, or maybe just grab a sandwich at a petrol station. Half decent hotel (not Formula 1) but not Five Star, either. Beers and a reasonable meal - single rooms (I snore like a basted).....Petrol, usual stuff.... It ain't cheap cheap, as the euro is a bitch, but it won't be a fortune......unless you go too off-piste on the carte des vins or the menu......

The weather? I guess we will have to see. Scorchio or lashing down :nenau

It's not going to be a thrash. But I will have to 'Get on' if you see what I mean. Only because I need to see what I need to see, if you get my drift.

If a couple of bikes want to tag along, that's great and fine with me. I will though have to limit it to two, only because I need to be reasonably flexible. First come, first served.

Cheers,

Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom