Gearing

i'm running 14:49 and it works well for me. Green Lanes and enduro's

I have gone onto 14:50 and it has transformed the bike for me, Lifts nicely through the gears and still a reasonable top end if required.

I ripped the back end off my bike today ,shifting up to 3rd while doing a wheelie , went over the back. I can recommend BMW body armour!

I've tried a 14/51, 14/50 and now onto 14/48.

I'm not one for revving the nuts off a bike and wanted the pace without too much throttle hence 14/48 works a treat for me.

Found I was in 5th gear too soon with the other combinations.

I've tried a 14/51, 14/50 and now onto 14/48.

I'm not one for revving the nuts off a bike and wanted the pace without too much throttle hence 14/48 works a treat for me.

Found I was in 5th gear too soon with the other combinations.

You missed out 14:49 :D:D

Run mine on 13:48 still pulls 100mph flat out and sits happy at 55mph between lanes

Going to try 14:49 next time out

If anybody is interested in a purchasing either a 50 tooth or 51 tooth I have them in stock with approximately 30 minutes running time on each.:D Any sensible offer will be considered.

what make of sprockets ???

I only do bling Talon or Renthal.

I would take the 51 if its bling or cheap ;).

Trying the market... If it doesn't make what I want for it I will keep it as the bike is spot on.

I am happy with it now the tick over has been lifted slightly, that has stopped the bogging.

There is nothing wrong with the BMW G450X when it has had a few adjustments made to it from the standard set up. The suspension is set to enduro settings I found on here and is perfect. The gearing is just about right now for green laning and the bike delivers similar power to the EXCR albeit a bit lacking at the top end.

I have said this to a few people who ask about the bike, I can't ride a 450 EXCR on its top end so the lack of it in the BMW isn't an issue for me really(although I have continually moaned about it).

The bike is a perfect green laner in every way shape or form, it.

I have listed it with a high buy it now price as I aren't really that bothered if it doesn't sell as I really like the bike.

The thing I have done is to open it to European buyers as I believe that the BMW is an expensive bike to buy abroad.

I sold my last 2 KTM's on the same day to 2 people from Romania due to the strength of the euro against the pound. Thats why I have a high price on it as I think somebody will buy it from abroad.

If it doesn't sell then I am more than happy to keep it and ride it for a long time.. It is a very nice bike indeed.

If you do flog it are you going back to the 450 EXCR?

As you've mentioned already it will make quite a desirable purchase for someone across the water.

Back
Top Bottom