F650

carlhowe

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Thinking of trying out an F650 - anyone out there who is tall (6 1/2 feet) got one - what do they think?

cheers

Carl

Hiya,

I am 5'8 and test rode the F650 and F800GS back to back...The F650 felt very tame and 'commuter' style....Then when i sat on, sorry in the GS800 the power and position was love at first ride.

I was seriously looking at the F650 before testing, but rapidly changed my mind, but it depends what you want to do with it, road or off road work.

Morticia

I am 6'4", 200 pds and love this bike! Last season I did a little trip about 3000 kms and had no problem. My last day, I rode home 14 hrs. Was a little saddle sore and got a speeding ticket because of it, but all in all, a great bike! I was initially going to buy the 800 GS but back in 2008, those bikes werent available until the fall, so I bought the 650. Glad I did.

F650 GS (twin)

Thinking of trying out an F650 - anyone out there who is tall (6 1/2 feet) got one - what do they think?

cheers

Carl

Hi Carl,

I see you already own an 1150GS, very nice :thumb

The short answer excuse the pun is, yes I have one and its fantastic!

The tall answer =

I,m 6 feet and one 1/2 of an inch which excludes me from the small people.
im 209lbs. inside leg 32"

I'm very comfortable on my F650GS but have fitted the TT high touring seat, bar risers, screens , started with the standard had the standard F800GS fitted (waste of time and money) went for the large Givi and now the best TT Desierto F fairing. Next to do is the pegs which will be the fastway footpegs as they can adjust so I gain another 30-40mm and work with big feet.

I think the above are the main changes for comfort. the best thing to do is as you mentioned try it out at your local Dealers. I had a service at my local dealership a couple of weeks ago and asked for the same as a loan bike the one they gave me first was fitted with the low seat, i could not ride as felt my knees were under my chin so the swapped for a standard which was just OK. what i'm trying to say is its amazing that small tweaks here and there make a huge difference in the feel/comfort levels of the bike.

For anything over a hour and a half I put the airhawk on my seat which at the high suspension setting puts me on tip toes.

Good luck with your test ride if your around my neck of the woods anytime soon drop me a P.M. i'm happy for you to try my (XL) F650GS for size.

all the best

Dean :aidan

Back
Top Bottom