650 Mudguards

Buz

Reaction score
Just bought an '09 650 and want to add some mudguards ready for the wet/dirty weather. Has anyone any suggestions on mudguards front and rear to help keep the crud off both the bike and myself? Not wishing to spend a fortune and would like something that isn't going to spoil the look of the bike. I've looked through threads on here but not found much. I assume they would be called something other than mudguards (are huggers the same thing:nenau )

Brilliant bike and compared to my old 125, boy does it go.... Like going from a 2cv to a Porsche... Oh yeah, whats the story about running in? The chap at Bristol Motorad (beleive he may come from Glasgow shop and was 'visiting', nice bloke) said dont go absolutely bonkers but dont hold back, give it some revs and dont let it labour at low revs. I've actually looked through TFM and it says not to over rev it :nenau (I dont think i really need to worry as i'm very cautious at the moment what with it being my 1st 'BIG' bike) your thoughts please? :bow :beerjug:

Hello Buz, I have fitted a fenda extended (front) to my f650gs and yes it helps keep some of the mud off but not as much as i had hope for, still looking for a hugger or rear fender, if you find something let me know.....

Mud sling

Has anyone fitted a mud sling to the bike.
And is there a uk company that sell's the gear here!!!:drool

Attachments

• mud_fgs2.jpg
    mud_fgs2.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 149
  • mud_fgs1.jpg
    mud_fgs1.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 160
Can ya FIT NOBBLIES with that on :augie

They look great on a jap bike not to sure on a GS though!!

The nobbly bit aint such a worry for me, its not gonna do much offroad, more commuting at the moment so thought it would keep more spray/muck off than a mud sling, but agree it aint the prettiest :mmmm

The nobbly bit aint such a worry for me, its not gonna do much offroad, more commuting at the moment so thought it would keep more spray/muck off than a mud sling, but agree it aint the prettiest :mmmm

You could go over it with some fine wet/dry or spray it matt black if its to shiney, think i'll go for the spray, the wet and dry you might get ingrained dirt,

Looks like better protection, then the mudsling however I'm going for the mudsling its a looks thing:augie:beerjug:

I've just ordered a Mudsling...I hope the fitting does not clash with my sw motech rack fitting brackets...

Back
Top Bottom