Just lost my viginity

YANYOU

Hi All.
I've just bought my first GS on Friday 15/05/09 From Jefferies of Shipley here in the Cote' de Yorkshire. It's not my first Beemer in fact it's my 6th. in the last 20 odd years Ive had a 400,600, R80 and a Sarver that I've just traded for the GS so I suppose you could say I'm a bit of a fan. I also have a Ural sidecar outfit "go on have a good laugh" I love it!! questions about my sanity need to be sent to my solicitor.
As I said, I only picked up the GS on Friday, and it has continually urinated it down ever since. Due to the monsoon, I have not as Yet have not had the chance to give it a decent run out. I am going to take a camping trip down to the south of France for three weeks, [anybody who wants to tag on for a few days is welcome} I'm leaving on the 28th sailing from Newhaven to Dieppe the return crossing is with Norfolk Line Dunkirk to Dover. Not a lot of bikers use these crossings, I don't know why, they are both very cheap ways to cross the channell. This will give me and the bike a chance to get to know each other. I need a decent ride so we can become a-tuned to each other, to become as one!! Well, thats what I told the wife and she fell for it!!

The GS is on an 04 plate 16000mls, with a few trimmings including ABS,Engine bars, Full alarm system which is taking a bit of working out, and is not helping my all-ready very dodge relationship with the neighbours. It also has a complete set of luggage.
What a bloody waste of space the top box is, a bloody mouse would be justified taking you to the court of human rights, if you made it live in there, it's so small. The best I can manage so far is- 1 helmet, gloves, scarf, baccy, a box of matches and a packet of papers, the papers had to be bent in 2. I think I will e-mail BMW and explain that 2 seats generally mean 2 Helmuts =2 Helmits!! That will be comming of and my old Givi will be replacing it.
Go carefully,Pete.
Falling of is easy, staying on is harder.

hello and welcome yanyou:thumb2 be aware you could have problems with your alarm system in france if you are in fueling up and it wont disarm:blastyou may have to push it away from the fuel station with the alarm going of as i had to do this last year apparently the signal in certain french fuel stations interferes with the alarm / imobiliser ,,,have a good trip :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom