Hi! I'm new here and have a question

2WheelsDown

Reaction score
Hello fellow GSers! I just found this site and it looks great so I signed up. I'm on my third GS now (a 2019 F850GS Sport) and have racked up well over 100,000 joyful miles on them over nearly twenty years.

Anyway, I have a question about where to post something. I purchased my third GS yesterday (used) and it's a wonderful machine (of course) but it came with a lowered seat and I'm 6 foot 2 tall. I'd like to create a post somewhere to see if someone who's legs aren't as long as mine is looking for one and might be prepared to do a swap or exchange or something, but I can't figure out the best sub-forum to post in.

You have such a well organised forum here and as a former forum administrator myself I know how frustrating it is when people repeatedly post in the wrong place (and I don't want to annoy the admins & mods on my first day here), so if anyone can direct me it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all! (y)

Hello fellow GSers! I just found this site and it looks great so I signed up. I'm on my third GS now (a 2019 F850GS Sport) and have racked up well over 100,000 joyful miles on them over nearly twenty years.

Anyway, I have a question about where to post something. I purchased my third GS yesterday (used) and it's a wonderful machine (of course) but it came with a lowered seat and I'm 6 foot 2 tall. I'd like to create a post somewhere to see if someone who's legs aren't as long as mine is looking for one and might be prepared to do a swap or exchange or something, but I can't figure out the best sub-forum to post in.

You have such a well organised forum here and as a former forum administrator myself I know how frustrating it is when people repeatedly post in the wrong place (and I don't want to annoy the admins & mods on my first day here), so if anyone can direct me it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all! (y)
Think to sell on here you have to be a subscriber, so pay your annual dues. That gives you access to the for sale section. But I'm sure someone else will be along to confirm

No just go ahead and post. Most people just click latest posts and your request will come up. Welcome along. JJH

Think to sell on here you have to be a subscriber, so pay your annual dues. That gives you access to the for sale section. But I'm sure someone else will be along to confirm
Thanks for the info but not looking to sell anything. I'm just hoping to find someone who is up for a mutually agreeable swap.

Thanks for the info but not looking to sell anything. I'm just hoping to find someone who is up for a mutually agreeable swap.
Ah now you kind of are. You’re just not looking for money. You have your request up now so see if it stays. There’s a great community on here and the subs aren’t outrageous. I’ve subscribed for a while now. Worth it in my opinion. JJH

Ah now you kind of are. You’re just not looking for money. You have your request up now so see if it stays. There’s a great community on here and the subs aren’t outrageous. I’ve subscribed for a while now. Worth it in my opinion. JJH
Thanks. I would want to spend a bit of time on the forum before subscribing as I've only been here for 30 minutes but I do get your point. I'll hang around and see how things go.

My reason for posting was not sales or profit or personal gains based. I was on the phone with a BMW dealership earlier today looking to buy a higher seat and the helpful chap I spoke with suggested I find a GS forum and post that I've got a low seat and want to swap because lowered seats are in high demand as most used bikes come with higher seats. I need a higher seat and if someone else is struggling to find or afford a lowered seat, then surely we can both get what we want without any commercial activity required. I'd say it's more of a "community members helping each other out" sort of thing, but of course I will defer to any rules that are in place here and find somewhere else to get the message out if necessary.

By the way I do love the rapid speed of replies here though. Thank you taking the time to help so quickly!

there's a wanted section and you want something so post there - you might be offered a swap or a cash purchase. If the latter, you can then sell the low seat, probably for more money than you pay for the standard one

Hi 2 Wheels

Don’t worry, I had the same feeling when I first joined - as in

“I have barely posted and am being told to pay money!?! Scam!”

However, take your time, post a few times and read sections related to your bike and you’ll soon learn far from it, this is a massively active Forum, with this being GS bikes it’s made up of inherently nice people.

So much so that even those who go to other bikes stay on.

As an example, look how many people here are on the 10+ years of being a subscriber…

Anyway, don’t take my word for it, see how you feel over time.

Subscribe thereafter if you want. It’s around £15 annually now I think, so about a £1.50 mistake a month for 12 months if you don’t like it 👍, which is at least a cheap mistake to make

Thank you all for your responses. I will have a look at the wanted section to see if a swap is possible there, and I'll definitely consider subscribing once I've gotten comfortable here. I'm already impressed how many of my Google searches for technical queries divert me back to this site. (y)

For the sake of £15 approx. Just subscribe.. £1.xx a month its peanuts

One final question. How do I choose an avatar on this site? I've searched through all the usual settings several times, checked the Help section, and clicked on everything which might lead to something but found nothing so far. Is this a subscriber-only feature? :unsure:

One final question. How do I choose an avatar on this site? I've searched through all the usual settings several times, checked the Help section, and clicked on everything which might lead to something but found nothing so far. Is this a subscriber-only feature? :unsure:
Don't think the avatar is subs only, click profile etc.....its like Hotel California, you can never leave, I've been trying the back doors for about 15 yrs, bastards are always locked.....subscribe, its cheap, buy and sell, get absolutely bladdered in the pub (beakchat & bollock) Welcome 😀👍

Back
Top Bottom