G450X suspension set up....

WindyChuffer

Reaction score
Have any of you lot with G450X's had your suspension set up professionally?

I'm ~95Kg and the stock suspension is designed for a rider of ~80ish kg weight.

Had a quick chat with Brendon @ www.Bikeprep.net (nr Vines, Guilldford), and seems to know what he's talking about and prices seem reasonable.

Any recommendations on where to go? Anyone had dealing with Bikeprep ?

Ta
Mike.

Have any of you lot with G450X's had your suspension set up professionally?

I'm ~95Kg and the stock suspension is designed for a rider of ~80ish kg weight.

Had a quick chat with Brendon @ www.Bikeprep.net (nr Vines, Guilldford), and seems to know what he's talking about and prices seem reasonable.

Any recommendations on where to go? Anyone had dealing with Bikeprep ?

Ta
Mike.

no need to waste your money see below. I used this setting and also installed the 62nm spring as well.

simples (btw my dealer did the set up for me for free when i picked it up, and they helped me load the bike on) Vines of guildford.

static sag 40mm dynamic 105-110mm
full tank rider 85 kilo full riding gear
original: rear:
rebound 20 clicks(that thing on de bottom of the suspension)
compression12 klick) on the top thing

front:rebound: 12
compression:10 klicks

But From several people and from one of the dealers in holland the following settings are recomended.

c) The initial sag = the difference between „on stand“ and „on ground“ should be about 40 mm
(38-42mm). Adjust the sag through varying the spring preload using the 2 threaded rings
shown on page 11 (2 full turns of the black threaded ring effects about 5mm of the sag). Secure
the threaded rings by tightening them agains each other! Otherwise they might get loose while
riding.

d) Possible switch of the spring of the rear suspension to adjust it to the weight of the rider
Weight of rider ~ 80kg -> standard spring (58 N/mm)
Weight of rider over 90kg -> change spring to a 60 N/mm
Weight of rider over 100kg -> change spring to a 62 N/mm or 64 N/mm
Now check the specific sag = difference between bike on the ground without and with rider (feet on the
footpegs). It should be 100-110mm.

e) Damping rear suspension
Suggested damping setting (completely close the damping by turning it clockwise as much as possible. Then
open it counterclockwise and count the clicks)
Compression : open 8 clicks Rebound: open 16 clicks

16) Front suspension
a) Damping
Suggested damping setting (completely close the damping by turning it clockwise as much as possible.
Then open it counterclockwise and count the clicks)
Rebound: open 15 clicks Compression: open 24 clicks (Enduro riding),
open 8 clicks (Moto Cross style riding)

Right. I've got 70mm of static sag, and I can't adjust it...

The top lock ring is metal, and the lower adjuster ring is plastic. When I try and increase the spring pre-load to reduce the static sag, the plastic ring turns a little, then pops back up on the threads to back where I started. Grrrr.

Seems like the plastic adjuster ring is fooked.

Am I doing anything wrong?

Right. I've got 70mm of static sag, and I can't adjust it...

The top lock ring is metal, and the lower adjuster ring is plastic. When I try and increase the spring pre-load to reduce the static sag, the plastic ring turns a little, then pops back up on the threads to back where I started. Grrrr.

Seems like the plastic adjuster ring is fooked.

Am I doing anything wrong?

I never had any problem with mine, are you sure those rings are the right way round, I would expect the metal ring to be next to the spring.

Yes I would expect the metal ring to be by the spring, doing the adjusting and the plastic ring just acting as a lock nut.

I have no idea if its the right way round or now; thats how the bike came! But P38 of the manual shows the two rings, and the colours match up with the bike i.e. black for plastic adjuster ring and light grey for the metal top ring.

Do you adjust yours with the bike on a centre stand or with the bike on its side stand? P38 of the handbook says "...place the motorcycle on its stand". I was adjusting mine on a centre stand last night.

just checked the pictures plastic ring on the bottom is correct.

I remember now, when I fitted the new spring, i tightened the rings by hand with both rings together, then with the tool i tightened them both at the same time by positioning the tool so it did both rings at once.

And yes I tightened the rings with it on the stand

can you change the sag on the front bij adjusting the preload of the spring jujst like you do on the back suspension?

or is that not possible with the stock marchoggi,s?

Back
Top Bottom