ABS servor repair help needed please.

its all poo

Reaction score
I am after a pressure switch like the one on the photo it shows 2 and I think one is faulty, any one any ideas where I could get one ?

Its ceramic and has a chip on the back I think it works from the oil pressure stresses the ceramic which then it produces a electrical current and that gives the pressure reading.

Attachments

• small.jpg
    small.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 482
None that I know of!

Personally I would think that messing with the servo ABS pump foolhardy as I worked with many different faulty ones while at the dealers and they are unforgiving when not working correctly.

The worst being a K1200LT that would lock the wheels at anything under 15kmh if you pulled on the brake

So If it doesn't work properly then remove it! if you need help with how to do it I have a modified circuit diagram stored somewhere in one of my folders

Good Luck

So If it doesn't work properly then remove it! if you need help with how to do it I have a modified circuit diagram stored somewhere in one of my folders

Good Luck

I've removed quite a few servos - i've posted the removal wiring diagram in the technical forum :thumb

I am after a pressure switch like the one on the photo it shows 2 and I think one is faulty, any one any ideas where I could get one ?

Its ceramic and has a chip on the back I think it works from the oil pressure stresses the ceramic which then it produces a electrical current and that gives the pressure reading.

A firm in either Nots or Derby do ABS and ECU repairs, my mate has a garage and uses them. I will get details for you on Monday...
PS: BMW stuff is at the top of the list ( car stuff but you never no until you ask ) OW! and i did also see the ATE stuff in the book. Off the shelf or repair your own unit.

A firm in either Nots or Derby do ABS and ECU repairs, my mate has a garage and uses them. I will get details for you on Monday...
PS: BMW stuff is at the top of the list ( car stuff but you never no until you ask ) OW! and i did also see the ATE stuff in the book. Off the shelf or repair your own unit.

Sorry i have been so long in the reply i went away to the sun:D
Not Notts or derby:blast

Firm is called BBA-REMAN and they have a dot com too.
bba-reman.com
they do all sorts of ECU and other stuff includeing ABS pumps...
01634 687222 in Rochester give them a call mate said they have fixed stuff
not on the web site many times and if they mend stuff that they then put on the site you get a Grand:D

is it these: http://www.ecutesting.com/contact_us.html ??

just rang a bell - I've been enquiring with them about a refurbished ABS ecu for SWMBO's bmw 4 wheel jalopy

oops - didn't see your follow up at post #6. Still, they might be of use ................

Last edited:
cheers fellas!

thanks for the replies much apreciated. I have dismantled the unit and there is very little that I can see that would fail mechanicaly, I feel its either a pressure switch or the electric control gubbins. I will contact them next week, so I presume everyone else justs pays for a new one or a used one.

is it these: http://www.ecutesting.com/contact_us.html ??

just rang a bell - I've been enquiring with them about a refurbished ABS ecu for SWMBO's bmw 4 wheel jalopy

oops - didn't see your follow up at post #6. Still, they might be of use ................

seems to be the one, just done a google and it took to the site. My Ladies son uses them a lot for his garage stuff says good things about them.
Lyn.

[ edit ] just checked again, different tele number to the one he gave me, google site says 01773 535638
my number is 01634 687222 Rochester...

Back
Top Bottom