r1100gs splitter box service

bart2181

Reaction score
hello all,had my bike running a dream last week,so i thought with winter on its way i,d have a go getting the heated grips working.all i,ve done is taken tank off and replaced and now bikes running rough again:(.i,ve checked cables on t,bodys all ok but when i twist the throttle it seems the cables are binding somewhere along the line so the weekend its a strip down jobbie for this SPLITTER BOX.anyone have any experience of this?is it servicable?how difficult is it to get to and what holds it on.any help much appreciate thanks craig

Here you go :thumb2
It was right here all the time, do you reckon you have it right now re the surging?
Stewart
http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25941

cheers stewart,foooking hell matey that splitter box looks a nightmare,last week mate all of the surging had all gone near enough don,t know what i,ve done but the cables are binding anyway so need sorting.if its not my problem i must have disturbed something else under the tank,electrical connection or something one thing i do know for sure is i,ve had this beasty running well i like it and i want some more:thumb.cheers

cheers stewart,foooking hell matey that splitter box looks a nightmare,last week mate all of the surging had all gone near enough don,t know what i,ve done but the cables are binding anyway so need sorting.if its not my problem i must have disturbed something else under the tank,electrical connection or something one thing i do know for sure is i,ve had this beasty running well i like it and i want some more:thumb.cheers

One of us canni read, thats an 1150, I understood the 1100 is different, like linked from one side to tother?:augie

One of us canni read, thats an 1150, I understood the 1100 is different, like linked from one side to tother?:augie

That is the same as my 97 1100 :thumb2 not sure exactly when they changed from the crossover type.

Stewart

I replaced all of my 1150 cables recently and took off the battery box (non abs bike) as it needed painting. I recon it made the job much easier. The cables and new style throttle connection piece was £86 delivered from sherlocks. The throttle action is now much lighter and smoother well worth doing if a little expensive!! The bike has only done forty odd thousand miles. Its not really a difficult job. About 1/2 an hour to strip it all out and about 1 1/2 hrs to put it all back together including figuring out the new bit at the throttle end. Then another bit of balancing the throttle bodies to make sure the cables were lifting simultaneously.....about 20 mins.:D

That is the same as my 97 1100 :thumb2 not sure exactly when they changed from the crossover type.

Stewart

Single cable with no splitter box up until 1997 when it changed to the three cable and splitter box.

The cables and new style throttle connection piece was £86 delivered from sherlocks.

New style throttle connection not needed for 1100 models, even those with a splitter box.

Back
Top Bottom