heading to poland, expected mileage?

Dan Bloom

Reaction score
Hi all, planning a trip to poland this summer and will be travelling with two other bikes. was looking for advice on comftable daily mileage considering all bike will be two up. will be taking my 1150gsa a R1100r and a vfr800.

Cheers Dan.

Hi all, planning a trip to poland this summer and will be travelling with two other bikes. was looking for advice on comftable daily mileage considering all bike will be two up. will be taking my 1150gsa a R1100r and a vfr800.

Cheers Dan.

You should be discussing this with your pillion partners and travel companions Dan :blast

Comfortable daily mileage can vary from 100 miles to 500 :eek:

It's up to you guys, not us :thumb

Enjoy :thumb

:beerjug:

As above,if it's a glorious sunny day and everything is going just right,then 500-750 is easily doable.If it's pishing with rain,freezing cold and your bike is fecking about and the pillion has got the hump,the you might not want to go anywhere.

I planned mine as an average of 200 miles per day, some days I did more, some less. Didn`t book any hotels etc that I "had" to get to so that took the pressure off.

I`d suggest 200 as a ball park figure, 4 hrs at an average of 50mph every day gives you time for rest stops, food etc

Good luck!

My experience is for a comfortable week of riding, 200 miles a day on A/B roads or 400 miles on motorways. This is when pitching and striking camp at either end, obviously you could do more if you've got a hotel to go to.

Of course, on the GS it's easier to do much bigger mileage if you just ride, but I like to stop every hour for a brew and a choccie biccy.

Miles is not the answer it's time that is important. My missus doesn't like to do more than 5 hours on the bike a day. So French / German motorway 400 miles is possible, but up in the Dolomites it'd be nearer to 150 miles maximum.

The riders and pillions need to work out how much time they want to spend on the bike, and then look at the roads that can get you there and back, with time off in between that suits your timetable.

Thanks for all the advice! I think a test ride with all involved would be a good plan, some of the pillion riders are quite new to bikes.

The last thing we want to do is irritate the girlfriends, would make for a poor holiday!

Back
Top Bottom