HID Low Beam Problem ...

Sir James

Rear Stab Vest Only ....
Reaction score
Over the past few days the HID headlamp seems to be intermitent ....

It comes on with the ignition but sometimes extinguishes when the starter is pushed and stays out ....

Any ideas ............. :confused:

My KTM 640 sometimes does that, but there's a light on/off switch, if I flick the switch it comes on with no other problems.
A simple switch to your lights would be a cheap fix if your's is the same problem.

My KTM 640 sometimes does that, but there's a light on/off switch, if I flick the switch it comes on with no other problems.
A simple switch to your lights would be a cheap fix if your's is the same problem.

Cheer's .....

Saves turning the ignition on and of when you pass a glass fronted building an realise you've no lamp on and simultaniously forgetting your actually riding the fecking thing ................... :D

could be the ballast unit on the way out or it is finished. I had similar symptoms the HID would come on, fizzle and die out. I replaced the ballast unit with a new one and everything has worked since then.

could be the ballast unit on the way out or it is finished. I had similar symptoms the HID would come on, fizzle and die out. I replaced the ballast unit with a new one and everything has worked since then.

It's been standing a while .....

Seems to be OK today , if it carries on i'll get a new Ballast .... :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom