Trouble saving as GPX file

Exile WCB

Anybody have any trouble saving GDB files as GPX files? Just got my brand new Zumo 220 and Mapsource crashes when I try to save a GDB file as a GPX. Found some gossip on American website and seems I'm not the only one. Haven't located a fix yet. Checked the Garmin website and cannot find an obvious patch. Emailed support at Garmin and waiting for a reply.

Any help appreciated. Sooooo frustrating.

Anybody have any trouble saving GDB files as GPX files? Just got my brand new Zumo 220 and Mapsource crashes when I try to save a GDB file as a GPX.

Hi Exile WCB,

sorry, I don't have the answer to your Mapsource crash, but I may have a workaround until Garmin fixes the problem: ITN Converter.

http://www.benichou-software.com/

This nifty little programme can convert your GDB files in GPX (and others).

Bearloe

Thanks Bear. I may use that. After another few hours trawling the internet I happened upon a Garmin forum with a temporary fix. I downloaded MapSource Beta which amongst other fixes solved my problem. Seems the techi guys developed some sort of solution with their software upgrades. Only problem is it runs out on 17th May at which point I'll need to download something else. Not on my own PC at the moment. I'll post a link later.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom