Need to know your opinion.... PART 2

Mike Werner

Cloggie amongst Frogs
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Sorry to be bothering you folks, but am trying to get this Biker Cafe/Camp Ground in Normandy (Need your Opinion Part 1) on the right track, and will need you feedback again. This time no poll...

Just came back from the real estate agent. He's found me a large chunk of land, sufficiently isolated, a long stone wall on one side, and a tree wall on the other. No direct neighbours. Perfect in that aspect, but one downside...... it's in the middle of no-where. It's 4 km from the beach, and 5 km from the nearest (very nice) town (Cany-Barville -<-- click to see).

The village is called Criquetot-le-Mauconduite (click here to see a map.

Would this be a problem ??? It would seem very difficult to get anything along the coast due to very heavy regulations (zoning laws). Nothing is allowed to be built anymore, so then I'd need to buy an existing structure, and crazy prices.

Let me know what you think ?? Thanks

So it's in the middle of nowhere...that's not really a problem, we would all be on two wheels (Unless we had to have more wheels for some reason).......

What size is the Chunk of land? Enough to spread ourselves oot on the odd sunny day?

If it's as private as you say, all the better!

Would being next to the salty Sea air really be that big of a deal, jees the fork brace on an 1150 can rot without any further assistance(;) ) so being next to the coast is not a big deal IMHO...........the channel is a shitty brown colour most of the time anyway!

If the price is right and you can get the work done at the right money, go 4 it..........!

CC

:cool:

Personally, I think youd be struggling for custom unless you had a bar/cafe on site. Even then, If it aint busy, sitting in the middle of nowhere in an empty bar isnt much fun.
It would be fine for large groups of travelling bikers, but how often are you going to get these.
Sorry to be so negative, its a great idea and Im sure if any one of us was in the vicinity we would use your facilities, but you have got to ask yourself if you would like to stay the night there or would you chose somewhere nearer town..... and bars.
This is only MY opinion, and my opinions are SOMETIMES a bit askew from others.
I think its an idea that many of us have had but not got the balls to take it any further.
Good luck to you and your venture.

Sorry, wasn't clear enough. It's primary a Biker Cafe, food & drink (breakfast & lunch). The 6000 m2 will give me space to offer a "limited" camping facility (including pre-pitched tents). Limited means there'll be showers and toilets, but no swimming pool, disco, naked girls (bring your own), etc.

However, the cafe would probably close for the evening (unless there's a lot of demand, but the local french biker market wouldn't use it).

The cafe is supposed to be a meeting point for local french bikers and Parisian day-trippers, plus staging point for UK, Belgium and Holland.

The Parisian and local market have been very receptive, specially since nothing like this exists overhere.

As for the location, 5 minutes (by bike) there's a nice town with a couple of bars and restaurants, several B&B's. There's an upmarket chateau/hotel 3 minutes away, and a beach area with hotel and restaurant 5 minutes away.

The advantage of this location, is is perfectly situated on some really nice motorbiker roads; twisties, hills, cliffs (Dieppe to Etretat). One route brings you within 150 meters from this site.

Also, it's close enough to the bigger city of Fecamp (about 25 km).

Back
Top Bottom