Best routes through Spain

phil adams

Reaction score
I'm riding down to the South of France in Sept, via Roscoff, La Rochelle, Biaritz, Andorra, Barcelona.

What are the best routes back to the ferry at Santander from Barcelona.

Phil,

If you want to meet up sometime I have a useful large scale map that I used to tour Spain in the days before Satnav! I dug it out the other day, you are welcome to borrow it. It shows the major and minor routes with an indication of those that are considered of scenic interest. I spent a few weeks in Spain and rarely saw anything that wasn't scenic in my opinion.

PM or e-mail me if you want to borrow it and see some photo's.

judge said:
That's no good El Bob is only experienced and proficient in doing the trip in sub 8 hours :yikes

yes but thats only when I have the walking stick with me and the wheel back support provided by Franco.

The best routes by far then will be in the pyrenees. WIth 3 days you can be pretty choosy where you go. As always I would start with the Michelin regional maps. But you will probably head up to the pyrenees via Ripoll head towards the road called the COllada de Toses (pronounced Tossers - I kid you not). Alternatively head up the coast and do the road between Tossa del Mar :D (again I kid you not) and St Feliu de Guixols. DO NOT DO THIS DURING A WEEKEND - the police will be there and will stop you (HAVE SPARE BULBS OR THEY´ll GET STROPPY). THE cross the border via the coast road (just look at the map - WHOOP WHOOP). then head back in france to Andorra. WHere you will stop to buy some new kit/tyres (its cheap). If you can do the pyrennees in two days you could spend the last day in the picos.

Quite nice apparently.

bob

Back
Top Bottom