Looks Balanced Now

gazza

Reaction score
After much deliberation I have decided to change the colour to black. Just appeared a bit odd everything being black and silver with a red beak and tank top. A lot happier now it looks like it should look. Just MHO.

6165077-L.jpg

Looks Good

Gazza that looks the Boll**ks, I love it in black well done, loads of bottle spraying a new bike, do you find the sheepskin seat covers comfi where do you get them in black Ive only ever seen whiteish and that put me off

If I'd bought a red one I'd have sprayed it as well - I just dont like the red at all. Looks good now though. If you get it wrong or dont like it, it's only a couple of panels anyway so shouldn't be too pricey.

How much did it cost?

Gaz, does this mean that you'll be selling the colour co-ordinated gear now. ;)

(First dibs if you are) :)

Attachments

• screenshot051.jpg
    screenshot051.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 1,955
Nice crash bars. Wish that the BM bars had the same design. I bought the BM bars and they are not much use.

Looks great, the only "correct" colour. ;)

You did know someone's thrown a bit of old carpet on your seat didn't you? :D

Kev, No

Adventureboy, Seat Covers

Jonboy, actually you are right about the pillion seat. It was a black sheepskin rug, just gave it a trim and it turned out like an afro. Riders seat from the above site. Top bit of kit.

Hmmm.. Ordered mine in red, not entirely sure it's the right decision but I find the blue a bit naff and the yellow looks good on the 1150 but not so sure about the 1200.

But I must say that black looks the mutts nuts!

An easy job to do too.

Yes really good, got me thinking.

I had no say in the colour of mine but it came in red and I like it that way, with black seats and side panels. Yellow is for wire wheels and knobblies, don't know what the blue/grey/grey one's for.

The black *is* kinda glossy, innit?

Chrysostom

TERRY RYAN said:
looks good Gaz and as you say balanced

who did your paint job then????????????

Local car body repair shop is run by my mate and he has just recently started repairing and spraying motobike panels.
He was approached by an insurance company who also cover cars and asked if he would like a few bike panels to do. Nice little earner.

Wraithwrider said:
Hmmm.. Ordered mine in red, not entirely sure it's the right decision but I find the blue a bit naff and the yellow looks good on the 1150 but not so sure about the 1200.

But I must say that black looks the mutts nuts!

An easy job to do too.

Yes really good, got me thinking.

Tank top cover and beak take about 5 minutes to remove. Dead easy, as you say, to remove. Looks like this with them removed.

6001516-M.jpg

6001428-M.jpg

6001517-M.jpg

6001425-M.jpg

Has anyone toyed with the thought of a beakless 1200GS? It doesn't seem to serve much purpose anymore as it's so short.

I beleive that the initial purpose was to water/mud going "high"?

I think the raised mudguard edges are supposedly there to assist re-directing scooped air into the oil cooler.

Back
Top Bottom