640 adventure - new bike

bowser

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Right then, just gone orange, well actualy silver but hey ho, bought me a new toy, 2003 640 adventure, been off the road for a bit on a SORN, but it was cheap and only 6000miles.

So then I have sorted the knackered battery with a new one, set of pads on the rear and new chain etc, oil change at the weekend and have a go at the tappets just to make sure they are set right. Anything else to make sure I check.

One question it is supposed to have a clock function on the speedo and it did when I first got it but it seems to have disappeared ?, I know that sounds stupid but when I first tried to charge the original battery the display lit up and by going through the modes there was the clock between F and then ODO, I set it to the right time and it worked fine, now it does not appear ??? anyone have any ideas.

Press the "mode" button, it should cycle through Odo, F (which is how far since you went on reserve) and time.
Mark

Press the "mode" button, it should cycle through Odo, F (which is how far since you went on reserve) and time.
Mark

cant do pics from work computer but will do when I get home.

I think I have a solution to my problem to the clock, aparently the 640 A is the only bike in the KTM range that has a specific fuse for the clock, despite it being on the same display as everything else and if the fuse blows it just disappears off the menu so to speak when you cycle through the mode button, I will check it when I get home.

done that been there, when you currently cycle through, it goes from "F" to "odo" and bypasses the clock function, as I said above I think I may have it sorted but will have to wait to find out.

Back
Top Bottom