Audi fuel pump compatible with 1150?

flatdog

Reaction score
As the title says, I read on here a while ago about someone changing their knackered 1150 fuel pump for an Audi one. (Romanian trip thread)
Just want to know whether there is a specific model to narrow it down to.

Pissed off with myself really because in the last 12 months I've managed to break 2 of the bloody things.:D So whilst I'm in pump breaking phase I reckon it would be better to break cheaper ones instead....:comfort

Fuel pump

Yes there is one but dunno which model, a mate had his pack up and again in
Bulgaria, phioned the breakdown and two blokes turned up in a mini van.
Both the size of (big) bears, just picked up the 1150 GS and put it in the back
we only hoped they werent nicking it!. Anyway PM Roger chatterton as it was his bike, probably on the airhead section he could give you details.
dave GS

Buy a similar pump that delivers 110 liters / hr at 3.5 bar, and try to keep the bike without the yellow light lit on the dash...

The pump also cools using the fuel, a low gas level inside the tank means less cooling resulting in failure ;)

Dan.

BMW Fuel Pump, for E36 model 316 /318/320 models only difference is the connections are spade type and the funny inlet is differenet so will not take the inlet fiter screen thing:D

Yes there is one but dunno which model, a mate had his pack up and again in
Bulgaria, phioned the breakdown and two blokes turned up in a mini van.
Both the size of (big) bears, just picked up the 1150 GS and put it in the back
we only hoped they werent nicking it!. Anyway PM Roger chatterton as it was his bike, probably on the airhead section he could give you details.
dave GS

Second thoughts take your pump into a main Audi agents / dealers spares dept and see if they can help. Quick look on their computer will soon reveal the awful / good truth! and cost nowt.
Dave GS

Thanks for the tips lads, I'll take it to Audi and see what they say.

FYI Dave, they were both working perfectly when I took them out of the tank, just me useless fumbling sausages, dropped the first one and broke the white nylon outlet, and the other on well it got shot.:augie

Serviced my Paslode IM350 1st fix nail gun, on my workbench yesterday. All working lovely, decided to load it with 90mm nails and fired a few shots into a bit of plywood, fekking nails went straight through and one pierced the outer casing of the fuel pump placed strategically beneath the plywood.:blast
forgot that was there in my excitement.:(

Dangerous I am.

Welsh and Pekka, thanks for the steer, I'll go there too.

Last edited:
Thanks for the tips lads, I'll take it to Audi and see what they say.

FYI Dave, they were both working perfectly when I took them out of the tank, just me useless fumbling sausages, dropped the first one and broke the white nylon outlet, and the other on well it got shot.:augie

Serviced my Paslode IM350 1st fix nail gun, on my workbench yesterday. All working lovely, decided to load it with 90mm nails and fired a few shots into a bit of plywood, fekking nails went straight through and one pierced the outer casing of the fuel pump placed strategically beneath the plywood.:blast
forgot that was there in my excitement.:(

Dangerous I am.

Welsh and Pekka, thanks for the steer, I'll go there too.

Oops! not a good day then!, do you reckon you've nailed the problem now?.

Bosch 0580 314 068 pump works well and fits fine

Pekka
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Pekka thanks for your part number.

Bought one, all fitted perfectly, the flange holding the strainer is slightly longer so requires slight bending of the retaining mount plate to get in, then it was just a matter of bending it back in place.
All done and dusted in 20 minutes, just gone out on a 50 mile ride and I'm happy to report no problems.

For info if anyone else wants one as a spare, my local motor factors had the Bosch equivilent pattern part avaliable over the counter for £69.00. So I will be getting another one for backup. (Genuine Bosch pump if you aren't as tight as me is just over £100.00 with 3 days lead time from Germany.)
Happy days:beerjug:

Funny liked that one Dave.

Last edited:
Cheers for that. They seem to be a good price here.
There's a thing. I ordered one, it arrived the next day, I fitted it and my bike works again. :) All for £36 delivered. :):)

I dunno if it's made of cheese, but it fitted straight on and seems ok so for thirty-six quid, who cares? Some of the parts suppliers want £160 for the same thing...

There's a thing. I ordered one, it arrived the next day, I fitted it and my bike works again. :) All for £36 delivered. :):)

I dunno if it's made of cheese, but it fitted straight on and seems ok so for thirty-six quid, who cares? Some of the parts suppliers want £160 for the same thing...
And the company that sold it to you for £36 made a nice profit i'm sure :augie

This thread should be a sticky

Well done Pekka!

Back
Top Bottom