Oil filter tool

demonbiker

Reaction score
Can someone recommend me decent oil filter tool for a 1150, one I bought just slips round on filter=crap! Changed oil but couldn't d filter!! :(
Need to change it ASAP
:blast

Put a piece of sandpaper or even a rag in the tool to help it fit and grip better.
Try Motorworks for the tool, some filters require a slightly different one.

Filter

Is the filter a Moto Bins pattern one? these are slightly smaller and are supplied with their own tool. Looks the same as a normal one but sightly smaller and NOT interchangeable.
Dave GS

, one I bought just slips round on filter=crap!

It might not be the filter tool at all, you could have the correct tool. It could be an aftermarket generic filter with different end fittings.

I have just wasted an hour tearing my garage apart (full of crap) looking for the above item. Sop thought I' take the sump plate off and get another tool,
and guess what? I'd left the tool on the filter wnen it was last changed!.
No harm done but glad it dident rub a hole in the fliter! would have been a laugh. So, if you ever loose your filter tool remember the lesson of today!.
Dave GS

I have just wasted an hour tearing my garage apart (full of crap) looking for the above item. Sop thought I' take the sump plate off and get another tool,
and guess what? I'd left the tool on the filter wnen it was last changed!.
No harm done but glad it dident rub a hole in the fliter! would have been a laugh. So, if you ever loose your filter tool remember the lesson of today!.
Dave GS

Leave it on the filter and it'll be there next time ? :D

just did mine last night

halfords one is perfect match fo the one that was in bike and new one put in

if slips ensue have it all the way on. mine was slipping and when gave it few persuading taps with ahmmers it came off handy

Back
Top Bottom