BikeVis LED fitting

Bryn

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Can't get my head round this one.....

Got a pair of bikevis LED bullets, fitted them to the front of the bike, and it should be a simple job to power them with a switched live....

So my choice is the side light connector behind the headlight.

piggyback spade connector with the two live wires ( striped) to the brown power feed, and the two earth wires to the other connector again using a piggy back spade connector.

Sidelight working , no LED lit up.

Put said LEDs directly to the battery and they glow as they should.

Negative wires to earth on the sidelight connector and live to the +ve on the battery and on they come.

Tried tapping into one of the instrument pod lights, that didn't work either :confused:

Obviously the switched live to the side light is working because if you disconnect the side light goes out.. so why won't the led's take power from there ?

About had enough after messing for a couple of hours :(

Helpful suggestions welcome :beerjug:

I think the clue is in the name, Diode, they are sensitive to polarity, try swapping the wires over :thumb2

piggyback spade connector with the two live wires ( striped) to the brown power feed, and the two earth wires to the other connector again using a piggy back spade connector.

By convention, brown is earth in vehicle wiring :confused:

Green

Sounds like you got problems!!

Sounds like you got problems!!

Thanks Dave, but that's how it is here in our house. (here in Holland).
:thumb

It's worse than that, tho. cables follow the line of shortest (least cable) route. Gotta watch out were you go a-drillin'. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom