Sheepishly pokes head round door...

GBDamo

Reaction score
Hi all,

Jesus H, you guys got enough smilies? It's nearly as bad as Mumsnet (Forum visited for entertainment purposes only :) ) You'r missing a hugs smiley though!

Anyhow I've just registered with this forum and, while I'm unlikely to add anything of significance, I look forward to you insights, advice and general inane banter.

I picked up my GSA on March 11 and have done around 1500 miles locally in an attempt to get myself in some kind of shape as I'm off to Croatia in early May.

My biking history is not the best mainly because of failing my driving test at 17 and having to get a scooter for work. As a result I've never really considered myself a 'biker' as such. Over the years I've had a 50cc Vesper, an NSR125RR, GPX250, 3 (yes 3) ER5's and finally a ZR7, because of theft or accident the ZR7 was the only bike I managed to sell (for £50 on account of the tree growing through it). Well I passed my car test in 2006, propped the ZR7 up against a wall and forgot about it and bikes for 5 years.

Last year I went into the Triumph dealer at Three Legged Cross and fell in love with a Speed triple SE which I put 4500 miles (all pleasure) on last year. It's a bike I consider to be the best of it's type and is one hell of a ride but, I was piling on the miles and wanted something better suited to touring, more comfy and capable of carrying more....

...Hence the GS, which I'll be honest, was bought more as a tool than desire but, talk about something growing on you, the bike is awesome in every way. Well apart from the indicator cancel switch that I can't get my head (Well thumb actually) round.

So now I have the wife, the GS, and the mistress, the Trip, and for the first time in 16 yaers of biking consider myself a biker.

Finally, I have a couple of questions.

1. What are the origins of the trem TOSSER?

2. What is the best forum to look through for fitting a Zumo 660 to the optional accessory connector (X9349)?

If you've read all this you can claim your free beer at the first meet you let me go on. :beerjug:

Hello and welcome

As long as you turn up at an event or two, and you're giving away free beer, you will soon learn why the term Tosser is used alot.

See ya around

Shep:thumb2

Welcome to the site GBDamo :Duchess

Group hug... will that do?

As far as fitting Zumo bits... ask the question on the GPS info section :thumb

Welcome to the forum, ..:clap

Can I exchange a beer for a bacardi please.:augie

Morticia

Welcome to the forum, ..:clap

Can I exchange a beer for a bacardi please.:augie

Morticia

That really does rely on sooo many things. From the name I take it your not a bloke! Buying Bacardi for blokes has not worked out well in the past, keep waking up....anyhow thats another story.

Go on then, add one Bacardi to the tab.

Hi GBDamo and welcome.
Glad the intro was Sheepishly pokes head round door
and not the more likely Pokes sheepishly round door :augie

Enjoy

There is no way I'm missing out on a free drink, G&T please, ice and lemon.

Oh ... and welcome to the forum.

Greetings & salutations, welcome to the site.....:thumb2

:Duchess:troll2:bluesn2s:jibberbigbnige:pirate:camping:Whatton:hapybnce::ymca2:jes

Just a few of the characters for you to enjoy!!

Bet you're glad you stopped answering every Tosser who welcomed you to the site, nut house is being polite, enjoy your stay, more importantly your bike you chose he right one. Welcome:beer:

Last edited:
Bet you're glad you stopped answering every Tosser who welcomed you to the site, nut house is being polite, enjoy your stay, more importantly your bike you chose he right one. Welcome:beer:

Had to have an early night, in work at 06:00 this morning. We'll see if this place can live up to nut house reputation, a little unballanced myself :drool

Thanks to all for the welcomes. And the tab grows.....

Back
Top Bottom